Highlighted

Verizon Cannot Activate New Phones

Verizon is having a possible national problem activating new phones. Specifically iPhone 11 will prompt for account pin that does not match Verizon records. If you reset your PIN it still won't match. Too many tries and you will get locked out of your account. Cannot change any other settings. Customer support and technical teams cannot get into the account. Old phone may lose activation. If you must activate, try setting up phone forwarding and app to handle texting for taking any action as this problem will disable use of the account and ability to receive calls. Note if you are already in this boat, I was able to set phone forwarding number with the digital assistant once logged into Verizon account even though the web app fails.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Cannot Activate New Phones

Customer Support

Hello. We currently don't show any reports with activation problems. If you are experiencing problems it is best to contact us for support. Ray28, are you in need of assistance with activating your new device? - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes, already called support, 2 hours and they were not able to resolve.  They are locked out of the account as well.  Went to apple store and tried a different phone, same behavior.  Went to Verizon Corporate store and they were not able to active.  Both customer service and verizon store have said verizon is aware of the issue and is working on it (account PIN not matching when activating / cannot reset).  Customer service reached out to technical team and they could not resolve.  So the account is essentially locked and cannot be used to active.  Corporate store did confirm the account shows the new phone ID and SIM ID but cannot push activation either.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Still locked out from changing my account PIN.  No help from customer support, no financial refunds offered for service outage.  No offer to follow up on lack of phone service or tracking the current issue.  Verizon service is not what it used to be.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon platform is really in a poor state.  Now I am getting emails that my account PIN was changed even though I did not change it.  Tried to activate under the PINs I have tried to change it to, including the default 1111 and the phone reports verizon cannot identify my identity.  Still surprised the corporate store cannot activate the phone - I should be able to show up with my ID and they would have God rights to get done whatever it takes to get the phone activated and yet the system will not let them do so.  

ALL, be careful trying to activate a new phone for now as you can end up without service with no resolution in site.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to ensure we get your new device up and running. We sent you a private message to further assist you. - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Received the private message, communicated a bit, no resolution, no return contact from customer service for hours.  I guess we will lose the phone number as well if we look for another carrier.  If the account is locked, number probably won't port either.

0 Likes
Highlighted

another day without service or activation.  Also, just found out I cannot open another account under the same social security number.  so I guess that means I have to go to another carrier?  Customer service seems to have 0 options.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Problem Resolved.  Looks like Verizon fixed the account pin issue.  This time when I called customer support, they were able to reset the PIN and the phone was able to activate. 

0 Likes