Highlighted

Verizon Buy One Get One

BILDUN

I was a former loyal AT&T customer. I wanted to try Verizon to see if it was really better so I purchased a couple of phones on April 5,2018 using the Buy One Get One offer. While at the Verizon store porting the two numbers I asked a few times to verify that I was getting the 2nd phone free. Each time she said Yes.

My first, bill included a charge for both phones. I was told it would be 2-3 months before the credit was placed on the account for the 2nd phone. After 3 complete cycles I am now told I did not get the Buy One Get One deal.

I bought the two phones off the Verizon website and activated them at a Verizon owned store, not a reseller.

Frankly, I am quite upset and considering early termination.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Verizon Buy One Get One

glitchedpixel
Novice

Early termination doesn't exist anymore because there are no more 2YR service contracts for phones. You would be charged the remaining balance of the equipment.

As for the deal, any carrier isn't going to truly give away a $800 phone. Those deals have a new line of service requirement. If you upgraded one of the lines and added a new one entirely, you'd have qualified.

It's interesting as this type of deal is the one I see people complaining about the most implying it's targeted towards new customers. No, it's for anyone who was planning to add a new phone number.

0 Likes

Customer Service Rep

BILDUN,

This isn't how we want to start our cellular relationship with you. I feel confident we'll be able to fix this issue and make sure your billing is accurate. I have sent you a private message and I'll be able to assist you further.

Juan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

BILDUN

Just so everyone isn't fooled by the Verizon Wireless Customer Support response, they did not contact me regarding my issue.

0 Likes

Customer Service Rep

BILDUN, I apologize that we did not reach out to you. I sent you a private message , please respond at your earliest convenience. 

-Jacob_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

mikelP

We were already Verizon customers. Bought two new Pixel phones at a Verizon store in December of 2018. Was told that we were buying one phone and getting the second for $1. Was also told that the payment for two phones would be on the bill for two months and I would then get a credit for the payments on the 2nd phone. I now have the third bill, no credit, just another payment due. What's going on?

0 Likes

deloused

Verizon never offered a promotion like what you mentioned (buy one get the second for $1) so that won’t happen. The closest similar offer was buy one get one free by adding a line to the account-

https://www.verizonwireless.com/reusable-content/offers/Pixel-3-BOGO-10092018.html

0 Likes

mikelP

I talked to a person at Verizon and you are correct. The salesman was either misinformed himself or simply lied to us. Either way, we thought we were getting a second phone for 1$. We did get the $200 off each phone deal but that's a far cry from buy one, get the second phone for 1$. Next up is a trip back to the store where we bought those phones. Probably won't get any relief there, but letting them know that their guy misinformed us will be some small reward, I suppose.

0 Likes

loisjune

I had the same issue.  Purchased 2 pixels and a new line.  I have been charged for both phones since last May.  I went to the store on separate occasions, they can not help, they said I must call the help number.

That was useless and I did a chat on the internet too.  I'm stuck with no fix to my problem so I'll letting everyone know not to do it.  It's a lie 

0 Likes

loisjune

I was told that my promotion was not valid either, but it was promoted at our store.  Today, in see a similar deal on the website.

0 Likes