Highlighted

Verizon 2 factor authentication

jastuber

Please give us a work around to needed to do two factor authentication every time we need to login to our online account. Your implementation is abysmal and makes me want to go back to T-mobile... it's that much of a pain. I'll agree that any unauthorized access into my account is on me if you'll just give me an option to get rid of it. I didn't ask you to look out for my security or privacy and your implementation is terrible. Be normal and let us answer a security question... I wouldn't be logging on via PC if I had immediate access to my phone.

0 Likes

Re: Verizon 2 factor authentication

jav6

Is that a new device accessing your account?  Generally, new devices require additional authentication.  Could be your PC is using a different IP address than previous accesses and is considered a NEW device.  Have you called Customer Support to have them check you account/profile to ensure there are no issues there?  I don't get the 2 factor authentication when logging in on my PC using my Comcast internet connection.

Just to be sure, you have https://myvpostpay.verizonwireless.com/ui/acct/secure/profile/security/enhancedauth turned OFF, correct?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Are you using your phone number as the username for your MyVerizon account online? Does your computer's browser clear the cookies for the Verizon Wireless website every time you exit the program?

The only time I have an extra step to log into my account is when I log in from a device I regularly don't use to access my account. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

jastuber, we truly value your loyalty and we never want to see you go. Making sure you are able to easily access your My Verizon online account from a computer is important. Your account security is very important to us and a Two Factor Verification will not be requested unless you have not logged in from that specific computer within 30 days. Can you please clarify how often you are accessing the My Verizon online account from that specific computer? Are you registering the computer by clicking on “Register this device” during the sign-in?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes