VZW Messages+ is garbage

bsnyder8519

Your system blocks options from Android Messages and forces you to use VZW Message  in order to have RCS messaging.  There should be advanced chat options inside of android messages, and after talking to Google Customer Service, they cannot explain why those options are missing even though my application is fully up to date. How do I use the app I want on the phone I paid for?  Blocking people from application setting to purposely force them onto your product is not acceptable.  If it was a device you owned, sure. But you don't. I paid for it.  Give us our options. 

Labels (1)

Re: VZW Messages+ is garbage

Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand how important it is to use your messaging service how you need. At this time we do not support RCS Messaging. Support for this does change over time, and we do not have an ETA. To get the latest information on new product and supported service click here: www.vzw.com/news

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question, please click the �Correct Answer� button for my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: VZW Messages+ is garbage

mciancijr112

I 100% agree with this. We purchase these devices for $1,000 and we are forced to use garbage bloatware apps because a carrier can't update to the 21st century. Verizon is ALWAYS the last one to the party. If it's software updates, carrier updates, OS updates, security updates. I've never seen a company so slow at releasing new features and updates to their paying customers. Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile all implement new features and updates to their customers on a monthly basis and US Verizon Samsung customers JUST received Android Oreo 8.0 update in March 28th 2018 when Oreo was released in August 2017. 7 Months later, Verizon releases updates. What a joke. We want the RCS Universal profile. We pay for the phone, not you Verizon. Google already sent you the profile. They made it well known. Lets go. SMS is 25 years old. Get your [removed] together and get on the ball with the 21st Century.

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service