Highlighted

VZ msg+ duplicates messages

oeliav

yeserday I switched my phone from S4 to G3, and when starting VZ messages Plus, checked to sync my messages. Now VZ msg  is showing like 17,000 copies of messages, and the sort of the messages is all messed up, to the point that I can not find recent messages. Tried to clear data, disable and re-enable the app, but same. The stock LG msg app, shows messages ok.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: VZ msg duplicates messages

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oeliav,

Oh my! 17,000 messages is too many. Lets get this fixed. When you log into Verizon Messages online, does the 17,000 messages appear there as well http://bit.ly/xB4iTc ?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes

Re: VZ msg+ duplicates messages

oeliav

Hi Pamela,

I guess when I disabled the app, or stopped the synch, all the old messages were deleted on-line, so I can only see new messages..

When using the LG stock messaging app, the messages are showing ok, so it is only the VS Message + app that is duplicating the messages.

Oded

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for offering these details. Have you started removing some of these messages? If so, are they staying off the phone or coming back? When going through Settings in the Messaging app, choose to stop integrating(towards the bottom of he list) the messages first then re-enable.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes

oeliav

I did not start deleting, since the only effective way would be to delete the entire conversation, and for that I would need to review which messages I want to keep before I can delete the conversation. I stopped the integration, and re-enabled, that did not do anything to the duplicate messages on the phone...

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

oeliav,

Thank you so much for those details. So I want to clarify something, are you looking to use the default text message application in the phone or are you wanting to always use the Verizon Message application? I want to make sure that we are able to set one of these applications as the default app for all text messages. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

oeliav

My past messages now are total mess, and it looks like I have few of my old ones, but missing more than what I have. Bottom line - when switching from my S4, where my messages where synchronized using the VZ services, to my new G3, and trying to use the the VZ Message app to re-synch the messages to the new phone is totally messed up... Don't worry about my issue, I will have to find another way to transfer my old messages, but you should escalate the issue so they can resolve the bugs for future...

Thanks

0 Likes