Highlighted

VERIZON LIES ABOUT OVERNIGHT SHIPPING!!!!

jld422

I live in Mesa, AZ and while I didn't have an untruthful experience in a store I was lied to about OVERNIGHT shipping on an online order.  Ordered phones online (because no stores in the Phoenix metro area stock the Galaxy Edge with 64 GB memory).  Seems to be an unwise practice (only offer one option on a new phone). Online you can get the phone with 34, 64 or 128.GB.  At least stock a couple of the 64GB phones at the stores.  It's not like you won't sell them or worst case scenario, ship it to someone that orders it online.

Ordered the phones online on Saturday, paid the extra $15 to have OVERNIGHT shipping.  Get up this morning wondering why I haven't received shipping notification.  Did some digging on Verizon web site.  If you place your order after 4pm on Friday through ???pm on Sunday, your package will be delivered on Tuesday.  REALLY?!!!!  last I knew, "overnight" means you're going to get your package tomorrow, not three days from now.  Guess I've been shopping with reputable places to long.

Went on Verizon website and did the Chat thing.  The representative never answered my question about why Overnight would be an option if you aren't going to get your package until Tuesday.  The best I got was "I understand your frustration, you don't have to be home to sign for the package".  REALLY?!  She didn't get that I ordered it on Saturday so I would get it on Sunday.  I work Monday through Friday and won't be here when FedEx tries to deliver my package that has to be signed for.  Now it looks like the earliest I can get it is Wednesday (unless I want to make a trip to a FedEx building to see if I can pick it up).  What a hassle!!!  Just went round and round with no answer.  Not even a "sorry" or "I'll tell my supervisor so maybe this will be changed/updated to make the shipping information clearer".  Heck!  I would have been happy if she told me "we only ship with FedEx and they don't deliver on Sat & Sun". (I found that out today also as I usually don't ship things through FedEx, probably for this reason).

I also asked why did they only offer one option on a new phone in the stores?  She said she didn't know what they stock in their stores.  The more she chatted the worse her grammar/spelling got.  I'm pretty sure she's not here in the States.   She kept asking what she could do to make it an outstanding experience. I was done with her by then.  Asked her to forward the chat to her supervisor.  Haven't heard anything. 

Comes down to this....DON'T offer overnight shipping if it's not going to get to you overnight!!!  of at the very least put it in BOLD so it stands out and is noticed.   And don't charge $15 for it!!  Be honest!!!  If it had been disclosed to me when ordering I would have done the free shipping and known I was going to get the package on Tuesday.  Yep, that's right, regular shipping that was free would have gotten my package to me on the same day as my $15 OVERNIGHT shipping.  I've been a Verizon customer for almost 15 years.  Think that is about enough of my loyalty.  Verizon is the best network but with all the money they are making they should be able to hire competent, helpful staff.   It's a shame.  Seeing lots of posts about terrible customer service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: VERIZON LIES ABOUT OVERNIGHT SHIPPING!!!!

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

OK so you ordered Saturday night. Processing does not happen until Monday. It can't go out until Monday UPS nor FedEx processes incoming packages on Sunday... Sorry but seems like unrealistic expectations.  So yes you got overnight because it was 1 day from processing, and you get it the next day. Sorry if it isn't something you like to hear. If you ordered it on a Friday before 4PM you would have gotten it Monday as Saturday delivery is extra(set by the shipping companies) which you didn't have an option for and didn't pay for because of it.

Before you say anything about I don't know what I am talking about. I order things weekly and often have no choice to pay attention to when I order to maximize what I pay for shipping. I like smack in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

0 Likes

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Oh and those reputable places you ordered from you never ordered from them on the weekend. This is what happens when you order on weekends. Holiday weekends are worse.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

jld422 wrote:

Ordered the phones online on Saturday, paid the extra $15 to have OVERNIGHT shipping.  Get up this morning wondering why I haven't received shipping notification.  Did some digging on Verizon web site.  If you place your order after 4pm on Friday through ???pm on Sunday, your package will be delivered on Tuesday.  REALLY?!!!!  last I knew, "overnight" means you're going to get your package tomorrow, not three days from now.  Guess I've been shopping with reputable places to long.

Yes, really. Last I knew, "overnight" means "business nights", i.e. Monday thru Friday. If you order over the weekend, "overnight" does not begin until the next business day which would be Monday. Then you get it overnight from that point.

Additionally, if you order after a certain time on a business day, usually 4 PM, "overnight" begins the next day.

jld422 wrote:

Went on Verizon website and did the Chat thing.  The representative never answered my question about why Overnight would be an option if you aren't going to get your package until Tuesday.  The best I got was "I understand your frustration, you don't have to be home to sign for the package".  REALLY?!  She didn't get that I ordered it on Saturday so I would get it on Sunday.  I work Monday through Friday and won't be here when FedEx tries to deliver my package that has to be signed for.  Now it looks like the earliest I can get it is Wednesday (unless I want to make a trip to a FedEx building to see if I can pick it up).

How many times have you EVER received a package delivered by FedEx on Sunday? Overnight is still offered because it is still available. You simply are not aware of how "overnight" is defined. Possibly you should go to the FedEx website and take a look.

FedEx First Overnight®: first thing the next-business-day morning

Service Details
Delivery TimesNext-business-day delivery by 8, 8:30, 9 or 9:30 a.m. to most areas and by 10 a.m., 11 a.m. or noon to additional extended areas, depending on destination ZIP code. You may view these ZIP codes in PDF format. Check transit times.
Service DaysMonday–Friday, with Saturday pickup and delivery available in many areas for an additional charge.

Did you pay for Saturday pickup? That would have been an additional charge from regular overnight. Notice there is NOTHING about Sunday delivery in the above, EVEN with an additional charge.

JERNAV13

I made a order on Thursday at 12:00 pm the order was processed at 3:00 pm  and supposed to be next day air it's now Friday afternoon at 2:50 pm still hasn't even got to the ups store to be shipped so how is possible I paid the money to have it overnight shipping why have I not received anything else from ups saying you have not even dropped it off yet just wondering and the delivery was supposed to be 10/18/19 I ordered 10/17/19 at 3:00 pm it's was processed and supposed to be shipped your website says it will be delivered 10/20/19 that's a Sunday and 3 days later I'm pretty shure ups dosent delivery on Sunday well not till January 1st 2020 so who is to blame 24 hours later and not even a text or email or call say anything about my order ups says waiting to receive package still 24 hours later thank you have a nice day 

I took vacation time so I could be here all day and sign for the package wasted a vacation day and my time" in "My Verizon."

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

JERNAV13, we apologize for any delay with your recent order. We hope that you've received your device at this time. We'll be glad to address any issues with the shipping and have sent you a private message so we may contact you directly. Thank you.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes