Highlighted

Using Verizon Up Device Dollars Towards Payment Plan

I have $20 in Verizon Up Device Dollars, and I understand I can elect to receive a code to redeem them, but where will I enter this code online in order to apply them to my bill?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Using Verizon Up Device Dollars Towards Payment Plan

Customer Support

Understanding how Device Dollars work is of the utmost importance, dyuen916. To answer your question, once you redeem your Device Dollars, they can be used towards an upgrade or new line of service purchase. Device Dollars cannot be used on existing device agreements. For additional details regarding Device Dollars and how to use them, please click here and see #2 and #3 under the "Device Dollars" section: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-up-faqs/

LauraF_VZW

Highlighted

I was specifically told that I could apply it to an existing plan.  But now I can't find a way to do that.  Is it still true that you can only use it on a new phone?

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's always worked that way. Whoever told you they can used whenever was wrong. Device dollars are to be used at time of purchase for a new device.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I was also told device dollars could be traded into a payment.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We certainly don't want there to be any confusion about how Device Dollars work, JGJ2020. We have never offered the ability to apply Device Dollars to an existing device payment agreement but rather Device Dollars need to be used at the point of sale. See the section titled "Using" for more details: http://spr.ly/660110LTX

Does this clarify?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello: I had a $5 Device Dollars attributed to a bill but now it won't let me..... It did work for 1 month. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Device Dollar concerns are not what we want for you. Let's get started with addressing your concern. Please note, device dollars must be applied during the checkout process. Device Dollars can’t be used to pay your monthly bill or to purchase connected devices or accessories. Provide us with specific details about your experience with Device Dollars.

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have an accurate answer which is you must have the Verizon Visa credit card in order to do this you can apply your device dollars only if you have the credit card which is the Verizon Visa credit card. I am 100% sure of this as I just had the same issue and until my credit card was approved and arrived I was unable to use my device dollars however I just used them today because I had access to my credit card.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Hi Smm08143085, 

Thanks for the updated details. We are glad to hear that your Device Dollars are working properly. 

Thanks 

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes