Highlighted

Upgrade

I bought my iPhone 5C last December 26th. I don't want this phone anymore or its problems. I would like to buy an iPhone 6s Plus but I'm not sure if that's possible. I'm willing to pay a fee. I've been on this two year contract for just a year this coming 26th. Will they let me purchase one?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Upgrade

Sr. Leader

You can buy an iPhone 6s for full price at Verizon or Apple.  Since you are still in contract until 2016, you can't use the purchase plan and make payments, you'll have to come up with the full price up front.  Your contract will still remain, but you can use the new phone on the line that is under contract.  Maybe sell the 5C to recoup some of your cost for the 6s?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

You can actually purchase an iPhone 6s Plus directly through Apple instead of having to sign a contract with Verizon.  Apple does make you pay monthly for it but it includes AppleCare as well so your device is covered with defects and other issues.  It also allows you to upgrade every year instead of two years Smiley Happy  Might bet the way to go and you could see the 5C on Ebay or Amazon for some extra cash if you want.

0 Likes
Highlighted

So i can purchase one on apple website and get it switched to my number on Verizon and not have to stay on the contract but another year like planned?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Yes you can!  Apple will ask you what carrier you are activating on to ensure you get the correct SIM card but other than that you are ready to go.  You'd just have to get it swapped to your number.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I just went on Apple to purchase like you said, and it had the option to put a payment on it. When I put a payment total in, will I still recieve the phone without paying the whole $917 yet?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Okay awesome!! Thanks so much for helping me!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Whenever I click Verizon it doesn't give me the option to buy it? What's sim free mean

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I'm not sure what you are seeing on screen, but through Apple you do have to make the payments monthly.  With the SIM card, that's how it activates on the Verizon network or AT&T etc.  If you can just purchase the phone, any direct Verizon store can give you a free SIM card to help get you activated, so that part is easy.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Okay that's great. Thank you for helping me !!

Sent from my iPhone