Upgrade fees are archaic

I will buy my iPhone directly from Apple. Upgrade fees might have seemed feasible when Verizon subsidized the price of the phone, but now they are unconscionable since I am paying retail price. Where is the appreciation for being a loyal long time customer??  If I buy it unlocked directly from Apple, I don't have to pay the fee, and will maintain the freedom to take it to ANY CARRIER I want.  Get what I'm sayin' Verizon???  Drop the ridiculous fee and make those of us who have been loyal to your brand feel appreciated for once instead of feeling like we are being nickel and dime'd.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Upgrade fees are archaic

Verizon Employee

I am sorry to hear about your frustration as it relates to the upgrade fee, BRIPAL81. We do value and appreciate your customer loyalty and business. Please allow me to shed some light on why there’s an upgrade fee. This fee is common in the wireless industry as it is charged by other carriers. We try to keep the cost lower and offer promotions at times to waive the fee based on eligibility. This fee helps to defray the cost of placing a new device on a line as much goes into getting the device up and running. For more details, please visit this link http://vz.to/2h3QNVp . If you need further assistance, please send us a private message on Facebook at this link http://bit.ly/1PWKBey or send us a DM on Tweeter after following us on our handle below.

Thank you,

Ed W

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

Expert

Don't come back complaining when you have to pay the upgrade fee at the other carriers. Carriers who have had an upgrade fee much longer than Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Really???

"This fee helps to defray the cost of placing a new device on a line as much goes into getting the device up and running."

I understand the fee if a customer goes into a store and takes up the time of a salesperson for a sales presentation, activation, and data transfer - store staffing creates an expense.  That is how most people used to get their new devices, but is simply no longer the case.  The great majority of customers now order on-line and have the device shipped.  With cloud services, removable storage, and computer backup, there is no longer a need for data transfer in a store.  SIM cards can be swapped, IMEI switching can be achieved easily on-line as well.  The device upgrade fee is corporate greed, pure and simple!! Again, it may have made sense when carriers subsidized the cost of the phone, but that is no longer the case.  If I buy my device from Apple, Samsung, LG or Motorola directly, I can easily avoid the fee.

0 Likes

Expert

That's your choice. It is one many customers are already making.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes