Re: Upgrade fee?

You sign a new contract every time you upgrade your phone through Verizon.  That's how they get their money.

0 Likes
Highlighted

My mom was charged the discount fee although her discount amount was Less Then $400 so I'm not sure that statement was accurate.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yeah that's a bit ridiculous too but that's a whole different thread lol.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes..all phones were not free..that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread which is the Upgrade Fee of $40.  Of course some of the phones cost money and should cost money while other are free because they're not as technologically advanced.  Again, that has nothing to do with what I was talking about rschnoor

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Perhaps they should just add $40 to all phones so that even "free" phones are $40 min.

Highlighted

Novice

The problem is, people want Verizon's coverage for the same price that lesser carriers charge, but they can charge less since they don't have all those towers to maintain. If someone is in an area that has decent coverage with a company that costs less, and they don't really travel outside of their area, then they should switch. I mean, why choose to pay more when they don't have to?  There are carriers that only sell phones at full price without an upgrade fee and others who offer discounted pricing (the average discount is about $400, some may be a bit less) and charge this fee. The consumer needs to do their research, see what will meet their needs and choose accordingly.

Highlighted

Novice

Then people would fuss about that because now there wouldn't be any "free phones". People just love to whine.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Blondieandlayne wrote:

Yes..all phones were not free..that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread which is the Upgrade Fee of $40.  Of course some of the phones cost money and should cost money while other are free because they're not as technologically advanced.  Again, that has nothing to do with what I was talking about rschnoor

It DOES have something to do with what you are talking about when you say:

Blondieandlayne wrote:

upgrades used to be FREE..now they're not.

I simply pointed out SOME upgrades used to be free, not ALL.

Highlighted

I've been a customer for over 10 years and quite simply don't want to switch carriers.  I've recently thought of switching not because I can't afford it, or because I've had issues with service, but because the bills are constantly going up and my service hasn't changed at all.  Verizon should be more consumer friendly..especially to people that have been with them for a long time.

I've been out of contract for some time..they told me they would offer me a $10 discount for each line that was out of contract.  As much as I appreciated the discount, it really made me think..Why is this something I was never offered until I was out of contract?  Then I see a bill with a "surprise" $40 upgrade fee from my mom's phone..?  A fee that I'm sure is in writing somewhere, but that we were never made aware of at the time of purchase.  It all seems pretty backwards really.

So I guess it's just unfortunate that people have to even consider switching carriers based on various facts like these..

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

There are no surprises in a "read-before-signed" contract.  Out of contract lines are eligible for $15 or $25 per line discount if on the More Everything plan.  Discounts depend on the amount of data allotment per month.

0 Likes