Re: Unlimited scam blatantly deceptive

My concern is that there is so little data use and it was used so quickly.  My husband and I both work during the day so there is little use of our cell phones and hardly any use of our PC. We have no children. We are not gamers, nor stream video or music.

Customer Support

KITTY44654,

We always want to set the proper expectations: If you've already used 22 GB on a particular line during your current billing cycle, and are on a cell site that is congested at that moment, your download may be temporarily queued behind other Verizon Wireless customers, which may result in slower download speeds relative to another Verizon Wireless customer's experience on the same cell site at that moment. Additionally, here is a link to our FAQ's on our Beyond Unlimited option: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/beyond-unlimited-faqs/

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Oh man!  I can barely express my own outrage at what Verizon has done.  I had pure unlimited cell service, mobile hotspot etc for more years than I can count.  I gladly payed a premium for this privilege amounting to thousands of dollars and several thousand dollars in devices.  When I was forced into the "new" unlimited plan after it was all said and done I thought I could deal with it because I was going to save money...and then the throttling started.  Throttled to speeds that reminds me of the old dial up days.  I CAN'T WAIT to get rid of Verizon after being a loyal customer for almost 15 years and sending them at least 5 customers in that time. I've never experienced something so unethical and greedy from a company in my life.  This is America.  We shouldn't have to "sacrifice" so everyone gets their "fair share".  NO.  You, Verizon, need to put up more towers or satellites or whatever you need to do to meet demand!  This is NOT the consumer's responsibility.  I am now telling everyone to stay far away from Verizon.  There are some great things coming soon from some forward thinking companies who are going to be more than happy to not only give us the data speeds we want and NEED, but also will reward loyalty, not punish it.

Novice

Thats the theory anyway, however once over 22GB I see a dramatic decline in speed regardless of where i am or what time it is. Suggests to me that you get lower priority regardless of congestion when you pass 22GB it only gets worse as congestion gets worse.

Jetpacks are the most useless pieces of plastic in the world, 15GB of 4g hotspot data per month is worthless because once they pass that and get 3g speeds they can be used for nothing but a paperweight since the 600kbps speeds are realistically closer to 60kbps. Never seen it get over 100kbps once i hit 15Gb. Usually about as fast as a 56k dial up connection. There are weekly and monthly updates for various programs its common to get ober 15gb well before a month is up and i have like 2TB of games on steam. I am usually away from home for months at a time on work(like now, wont be home for probably 8 months) a lot of games are 50-100GB, how am i supposed to download a game let alone play it with a 15gb cap?

To make everything worse, tests with unrestricted sim cards still show that their network is not having bandwidth issues, they can support the bandwidth increase from unlimited plans, they just choose to restrict the data to maximize profit while suffocating its users with premium prices often almost double their comoetitors except the speeds they provide arent any better and the coverage anymore is almost the same.

Reports are surfacing that Verizon Wireless...and other major service providers...are experiencing bandwidth problems.

Part of the reason is due to increased usage by subscribers to unlimited plans. Stories of people dropping all of their land based or satellite communication services to save money and streaming Netflix, YouTube  and Hulu on their mobile devices are not all that unusual.

Also in play is the fact that mobile service providers are in the process of getting their new 5G networks ready for service.

While specific details are not released to the general public, it is believed that carriers like Verizon Wireless are repurposing some existing antennas and wireline bandwidth for the new networks. If true, this reduces the available facilities to handle traffic on the existing 4G network.

Carriers are unlikely to spend money to augment their existing 4G networks at this point because they will be closed off to new activations after 5G phones and tablets hit the stores.

0 Likes

Novice

If they are having bandwidth problems then why do test phones with unrestricted sim cards not see any internet performance decrease?

If there was a lack of bandwidth it wouldnt matter if your flow was unrestricted you could only get as much as whats available and the speeds would still suffer if there truly was not enough bandwidth.

Sort of like if you get a router that can handle a 1Gb internet connection but you only pay for a 20Mb service, just because your router has the ability to get those speeds it wont do any better than the maximum bandwidth provided.

From my point of view i see a company that has the ability to provide a much better service but would rather take in short term profit since restricting bandwidth that customers can use saves them money.

Customer Support

Allbusiness, we want nothing more than to continue providing all of our customers with the best in service. We really do appreciate your loyalty and don't want to lose you as a customer. Can you tell us more about the specific problems you are having? 

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

It's all a scam buddy!  Theres no such thing as 4gLTE.  It's just the same old 3G and the old 3G became the same old 2G.  Remember when you could stream video just fine on two, maybe sometimes even one bar of 3G service?  Now tell me why you can't even stream video on 3 bars or even full 3G service.  The only thing that happened was that cell phone companies installed enough towers to handle all the data transfer.  The towers were less congested so data transfer speeds remained at 3G peak longer and 2G ran at highest speed possible, giving birth to 4G Lie To Everybody (LTE) and change the name of 3G to 4G and 2G to 3G. Then, once it was available in your area, only meaning more cell towers, they raised the price of your old 3G plan, calling it a upgrade to 4G.  The customers that didn't upgrade got their speeds slowly throttled back to 2G speed and all the sudden couldn't even load a pandora station anymore, something that could easily be done in the past on even a sliver of 2G coverage.  It's all an enormous scam created to justify exponential rate hikes that go far beyond normal inflation rates and line the pockets of these corporate giants so they can press their thumbs down on the entire world and rule over as if they are any more important than you or I. [Removed]

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

How do I see the rest of your story?  It ends In the middle of a sentence?

0 Likes

Agree its totally a scam limiting speeds after 10gigs. I am not at that limit and the speed is so slow its unusable .6 gbps. At that speed maybe in a month you might not even meet that limit.  Verizion should be ashamed especially when there execs make so much money and the top guy about 22 million a year.

0 Likes