Unlimited scam blatantly deceptive

Why have you deceived all of your loyal customers yet again with your most blatant lies to date? It's stated in every store and advertisement you've put out regarding your so called unlimited plan that speeds would not be affected until reaching 22g of data use then it become prioritized for rest of that cycle. I Had been paying you almost $700 a month for 100 gig plan because my small business depends on a reliable internet connection. So 22 turns into 10 and prioritized doesn't actually prioritize anything other than prioritizing your companies very rapid decline in value and integrity.  It's no secret your deception is related to your failures in numbers and desperation to find a quick fix. So I go from having 100 gigs to getting throttled (prioritized means the speed would vary depending on the network congestion which I've paid close attention and tried at all times of day and night with no change in speed) this supposed 3G speed used to be all we had available and at that time it at least could function  to download a simple email attachment without timing out. I was misled and have reached your actual limit in 2 days of this cycle leaving your service worthless to me and my family. How do you plan on staying in business by scamming so many of your once loyal customers. You can see I've paid an ungodly amount just in the past year to keep a reliable service with 5 devices costing between $500-$700 per month so sure this new plan sounded like it would be advantages once I was informed each line would have 22 gigs before any change in speed. The BBB will be getting flooded with complaints for your coorperate crooks to deal with im sure.

Labels (1)

Re: Unlimited scam blatantly deceptive

Expert

It was part of the "fine print" from the announcement of the plan. Get unlimited data on the network you deserve: Verizon | About Verizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Thank you for your timely reply and please forgive my frustration but my business is being effected and here I am now also paying for a $100 prepayes plan to get my work done. I understand that all carriers do this but my issue with this illegal scam is the fact that they changed 22 gigs into 10 gigs.  That's less than half of the promised data.  Lets not even start on the "though we don't plan on having to do this often" comment they put in there. It only took them one month to realize they had no way to fulfill what they promised.   I also have my spouses At&t phone which is on 3G all the time (it's a iPhone 3GS believe it or not)and Somehow the At&t 3G speed is twice as fast as Verizons.  We can only hope the FCC will be involved soon and the ones responsible for

she doesnt work for verizon

0 Likes

For smartphones on the Unlimited plan, once more than 22 gigabits of data is used in a single billing cycle, phones can be deprioritized in the event of tower congestion. Once the congestion clears, or, the phone connects to an uncongested tower, full 4G speed resumes.

For data units such as the Jetpack, once the 10 gigabit mark is hit within a single billing cycle, the speed drops down to 3G and remains there until the start of the next billing cycle.

Sr. Leader

I would suggest at least looking at Unlimitedville for their unlimited data options which claim no throttling and/or re-prioritization. Signing up with a Jetpack and Verizon Unlimited service with Unlimitedville will run you $250/month with a $100 signup fee. It is at least worth a look.

0 Likes

My recent experience mirrors your own.  I was up front about my requirements, however, Verizon was not up front regarding their agenda.  My only suggestion regarding your post is with respect to the header you used.  It should not read "blatant"... but "BLATANT."  As a long term customer, I plan to dump these guys as soon as humanly possible.

I almost never go on-line to complain, but my anger at Verizon has finally reached the limit.

I used to be happy with Verizon, but their unlimited data plan scam is over the top.

I signed up for it, and then three days later ran out of high-speed data, so now I'll spend

the rest of the month at 3G speed. Right.

I'm going to try out the other guys for awhile and bail out of Verizon as soon as I can.

Be warned, the unlimited plan is a joke that only their lawyers think is funny.

Customer Support

DOUTOW66,  we never want you to feel this way. Did you have questions with you unlimited plan? Would you like to update to a non-unlimited plan? TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Unlimited data plans offered by at&t, T-Mobile, Sprint, Cricket...etc...are all structured in a similar manner.

For smartphones, after exceeding a set amount of data within a single billing cycle, your smartphone is subject to deprioritization in the event of congestion.

For devices such as Jetpacks, home Internet and tethering, once a certain threshold is crossed, data speed drops to 3G until the start of the next billing cycle.

0 Likes