Unlimited plan to M plan usage calculation discrepancy

PENGUIN_ICE

I was one of the last holdouts of the unlimited data plan. I'm still quite angry that they jacked the price up on the plan. I didn't use the plan to it's fullest potential, but enjoyed the security of unlimited everything. My usage for data rarely exceeded 3GB, if ever, in a month.

Last month I received an offer for the "M" plan....it may have been something different but it was a 4GB plan with rollover. I finally switched from the unlimited plan as the cost was just too much. My very first month of data restriction netted me a 5.72 GB usage....or 1.72GB of overage. I have never seen that amount of data ever. I didn't switch phones (Samsung GS4), don't have facebook, and didn't change my usage habits. Is there a difference in the way data is calculated from the "Verizon Plans" to their "unlimited" plan? I feel misled in my "actual" usage.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Unlimited plan to M plan usage calculation discrepancy

Weth
Sr. Leader

Add safety mode for $5 then you dont need to worry about overages. 

There is no difference in the way data is counted. 

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Add safety mode for $5 then you dont need to worry about overages. 

There is no difference in the way data is counted. 

0 Likes

PENGUIN_ICE

I haven't looked into safety mode, but spending another $60 a year is the opposite of what I am trying to accomplish. My point was, I went years without ever crossing the 3GB data mark, yet the very first month where I have to pay for overages I nearly double the most data I have ever used in a month? It seems way too coincidental. I'd like to know if anyone else has ever experienced this?

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

When I switched from unlimited data to metered data, my measured usage did not change at all.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Rcschnoor,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, as help is our middle name! We definitely want to make sure you have an easy time keeping tabs on your data usage. Can you please clarify what exactly you mean by measured usage did not change?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Coincidences are often just that, a coincidence. Did you look at the phone to see what apps used the data and to see if data use is consistent to what Verizon is reporting? The phone independently tracks data.

Your decision on the Safety Mode, but just a few overages and you will have wished you added it, plus you won't have to constantly check what your data situation is.

Highlighted

PENGUIN_ICE

Thanks. Compared data on phone to data on bill and pretty similar.

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Rcschnoor,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, as help is our middle name! We definitely want to make sure you have an easy time keeping tabs on your data usage. Can you please clarify what exactly you mean by measured usage did not change?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

I meant when I had unlimited data, I was averaging 1-2 GB of data/month on my line. After I switched to shared data, I was averaging 1-2 GB of data/month on my line.