Highlighted

Unlimited data plan

ILUT74

Why is it so hard for Verizon to provide an unlimited data plan -- plain & simple -- no fancy jerk around methods, no "levels", no "buy additional" - just a plain unlimited plan ----- no way that all the people in this country are going to severely tax the system everymonth.  We only need our current max on a few months of the year and only have gone over a specific level a couple of times, but when we need it, we need it and buying 1 or 2 GB at a tie is rediculous when the capability is there.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Unlimited data plan

Weth
Sr. Leader

You should really switch over to the new Verizon Plan. Then you don't need to worry about overages any more when you turn on Safety Mode. You do not need actively turn on Safety Mode just once on your account once you switch, so don't forget to do that. You will also get Carryover bonus, so if you did not use any data one month, it will carryover for 1 additional month as a back up to use if you use all your regular plan data.

If you stay at the 12 GB plan, switching over to the new Verizon Plan will not extend any contracts or other commitments. The 12 GB plan is $80 for the data and then each phone will be $20/month access fee ($40 if it is on contract -- not payment plan but traditional 2 year contract).

You do not say what plan you are on right now - I can't tell if you are on the old Verizon Plan at 12 GB or if you are on the older yet More Everything pan at 12 GB. If you are on the old Verizon Plan, there is zero risk or additional cost to switch. IF you are on More Everything, there may be a access fee charge change, but it depends on what you are paying now.

If you spell out what the exact name of you plan is, and then break down how much data, how much it is costing you for the data portion, and then what the access fee is for each of the 4 lines on your plan, we can help you make sure there are no surprises before you switch. We are just customers like you so we only want to make sure you get the best deal like we get by watching this site.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

Which plan do you have now? How much data do you on average and what is your maximum that you have used?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Simply get the new Verizon Plan. Safety Mode is included on all data allowance levels. Then you can choose the data allowance you normally use and the few months you need more, you can use that without any overage fees as long as you have Safety Mode enabled. This is unlimited data, just at a slower speed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

In addition to Safety Mode, the new plans include Carryover - so if you don't use all your data most months, you'll have a cushion each month. Then, when you DO go over, you'll use the previous months carryover before safety mode kicks in.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

Taxing the system is local not national.  All it would take us a few people abusing unlimited (or in their mind unlimited means to heck with everyone else) and everyone on a tower comes to screeching halt.  Multiply by thousands and you'll get ATT in NYC at the iphone launch all over again.  It has happened before so your assumption it won't is already proven wrong.  Each cell tower has limited bandwidth capacity.  To overcome you need more towers ($$$$$$) or more frequencies ($$$$$$)  

Highlighted

ILUT74

Thank you -- I was not aware of all that -- I am not tech savvy, as you can tell.  Just still angry that they can take my plan and change it on someone else's word (yes person is on plan, but still not account holder.  Thanks again for the information.

0 Likes
Highlighted

ILUT74

How much is the new plan going to cost me over what I am paying now --- it has to be more?

0 Likes
Highlighted

ILUT74

ANN154 -- on the 12 GB plan -- had to get 4 gb upload to stay in plan limits within 6 days of change of date.  Seems problem was in my Tower Hot Spot (one of 4 devices on plan.)  I don't know how (I am not tech savvy) but our DirecTV unit changed over when the WiFi we were on dropped out for awhile --- dont' know how it got past password or other stuff, but it did.  Got that turned off, but left me with 20 days with only 15% of data left  Not going to pay $15 for 1 GB.  Shut down phone's data usage as well.  Back on original WiFi, but if it goes down again, we just live like we used to --- with out it.  We have only occassionally gone over and needed to add more data, but when we need it, we need it then as we may have to leave suddenly and may not think about having to increase the plan til after we are gone on road for a day or two and out of WiFi range.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

Well that is another clue to the story. The "tower hot spot" sounds the LTE router or another mobile broadband device. None (and I mean absolutely none) of the mobile broadband devices that can connect to the 4G LTE network was and is allowed to be activated on an unlimited data. It must be used on a tiered data plan. When did you get this device? It sounds like you are sharing the data with that device and three other devices. If you didn't have this device before you lost the unlimited data plan on your line, you definitely lost the unlimited data plan by activating a mobile broadband device and switching to a shared data plan for all of the lines on the account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

You should really switch over to the new Verizon Plan. Then you don't need to worry about overages any more when you turn on Safety Mode. You do not need actively turn on Safety Mode just once on your account once you switch, so don't forget to do that. You will also get Carryover bonus, so if you did not use any data one month, it will carryover for 1 additional month as a back up to use if you use all your regular plan data.

If you stay at the 12 GB plan, switching over to the new Verizon Plan will not extend any contracts or other commitments. The 12 GB plan is $80 for the data and then each phone will be $20/month access fee ($40 if it is on contract -- not payment plan but traditional 2 year contract).

You do not say what plan you are on right now - I can't tell if you are on the old Verizon Plan at 12 GB or if you are on the older yet More Everything pan at 12 GB. If you are on the old Verizon Plan, there is zero risk or additional cost to switch. IF you are on More Everything, there may be a access fee charge change, but it depends on what you are paying now.

If you spell out what the exact name of you plan is, and then break down how much data, how much it is costing you for the data portion, and then what the access fee is for each of the 4 lines on your plan, we can help you make sure there are no surprises before you switch. We are just customers like you so we only want to make sure you get the best deal like we get by watching this site.

View solution in original post

0 Likes