Unlimited data plan

pines2palms

We have been Verizon customers for many years and have stayed with you waiting for the unlimited data option.  We were most excited when it was finally offered.  We are very dissappointed with the slow down of data to 3G after a short time into your monthly cycle.   It was advertised to be a plan to stream all the movies, etc that you wanted and it is in no way capable of doing this.   We are17 days away from end of this months cycle and have streamed no movies this month and yet today, our plan went to 3G which basically is unacceptable.   Is Verizon planning to make this unlimited data plan useful?   I do not wish to change service at this time.  However, I also do not wish to pay for service that is basically not usable for half of each month.  Please respond.   Pat. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Unlimited data plan

Ann154
Expert

The other carriers have similar restrictions on their unlimited data plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

@ pines2palms thank you for all the years of loyalty.  We want you to be able to get the most out of your device. I regret to learn that our unlimited plan is not working for you. I do want to help you with options. It is true with our unlimited data plan after the first 10GB of hotspot usage the speeds are reduced to 3G http://vz.to/2lBdWUu see question 9. If you are having trouble once the speeds are reduced, you may want to try using only one device with the hotspot at a time to make sure you get the best experience. If that solution will not work, another option is to put the hotspot on it's own single plan https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/data-only-plan/?t=hotspotdata.

AdrienneP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

VERIZON_TRUMP

It is because Verizon has tricked you.  Here's what Verizon means when they say "Unlimited."  What they mean is that you get 22GB of data at full 4G speeds and then the rest of the data will be at 3G or lower.  That's what they mean by unlimited.  That means if you have 6 people on your family plan and you guys reach 22GB in 2-weeks, the last 2-weeks of the month you get it up the butt. That's the reality.  I was going to switch because right now I'm on a 30GB plan with 14GB of free data for life. The unlimited plan is $25 cheaper for me.  But that would mean I lose half my data.  Because here is the reality.  I'm really on a "Verizon Unlimited" plan.  Once I reach 44GB of data on the month, my speed will be throttled to 3G.  But I only pay $25 more per month and get double the data allowance.  See how that works.

This is what intelligence gets you in life. [Removed].  That's where being on the right hand side of the bell curve gets you.  I didn't fall for the banana i note tailpipe.  I almost did until doing my due diligence tonight and have come to the conclusion that it would be insanely idiotic to drop from 44GB down to 22GB for $25 less per month.  Why would I do that?

What's more, I get roll over data.  For example, last month we only used 30GB.  So this month we get 58.  We're already nearing 50 with a week and a half to go.  We will reach our 58GB of data this month.  The point is that I'm on a far superior data plan and one would only realize this by digging.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes

Mykye

Got internat plan and after 1 hr of streaming I get a text saying content will be reduced by half.

0 Likes