Re: Unlimited data is not unlimited streaming speed

Community Manager
Community Manager

rklytle -

I understand where you're coming from and your 16 years of loyalty is wonderful. I'd hate to break up. I sent you a private message so we can work with you on your concerns. Please respond to me there so we can continue working together.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

james69z28

i was lied to i have the same problem

0 Likes

james69z28

same with me! class action lawsuit next!

0 Likes

JULIEPARMELEE

I was told the same thing in April.  Needed internet for WFH in a rural area.  I was looking for a cantenna, but they told me they couldn't keep them in stock -- too popular.  They sold me a MiFi for $200 -- and said that I would get 22GB of 4G, and then may be prioritized after that -- but probably wouldn't notice. 

they were right for 2 months.  No problems.  then I started getting messages about 10GB and now being on 3G.  Customer service told me that the store must have been confused, and gave incorrect information. 

This month, my 10GB only lasted 6 days. 600K is unusable.  And it's REALLY frustrating to go to the "my Accounts" page and see the message "Stream all you want.  You've got unlimited data." 

More like scream all you want.  no help from Verizon. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

b1uebird

Can you help me understand how Chromecast doesn't use mobile data?  If I connect the Chromecast to my phone's hotspot (on VzW unlimited data plan) and cast streamed content from my phone to the Chromecast, are you saying that this (the streamed date) won't count against the 10 gig hotspot / tethering limit on VzW's unlimited plan?  I understand that the streaming will count towards the phone's 22 gig possible limit, but I want to make sure I won't run up against a 3g throttle when using the Chromecast.  When I use the Chromecast in a VzW 4G area in a home without internet, I am able to connect the Chromecast to my mobile hotspot and then cast directly from my phone to the Chromecast but I was concerned about the tethering limit.  Thank you!

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

If you are tethering to chromcast, you are using your 10 gig hotspot and will eventually be Throttled. 

The chromecast itself does not use data.  Data is used by the device used as the common wifi hotspot.

Why do you think it doesn't use mobile data?

0 Likes

FARMER_NURSE

I am in total agreement!  I had a very good plan but switched to unlimited so that we could stream Netflix etc.  Now I can barely work on my computer from home.  This month, d/t computer updates, we went over the 4G allotment within the first week.  This is [removed]!  There was no indication (like they do with ATT) that there would be a slow down. I switched via computer, not in store, because of the TV commercial that states "Unlimited 4G plan"!  False advertising!!!  I'd be ok if I could switch back to my old data use and price but that has disappeared and the greatest amount of data offered is 8 (I had 40!).  I'm up for class action.  In the mean time I am thoroughly searching for a new provider.  Very, Very poor customer service!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Wireless

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to find a solution for you, FARMER_NURSE. I have sent you a private message to best assist.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Ranger78

Same thing happened to me!  

We are military, so the bank we use is    online/mobile. When I hit the 22gig mark, my internet service dropped to zero. Absolutely nothing will load. I wasn't able to put a check into my online banking (which is the only option for our bank, since there is no brick and mortar banks). The app loaded for 5 minutes then "timed out". My email hasn't been refreshed in days. It's terrible. We switched from Sprint after 20 years and are regretting it. When I called customer support, they let me in on their false advertising secret about speeds dropping to 3G. I told her that even 3G should load something...anything! I can't even send family picture messages to my husband that is active duty in another state! Its not 3G...it's -1G...If you've found yourself reading this blog to consider Verizon as your carrier, make sure you ask the technical details of their falsely advertised "Unlimited" plans!!!    

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Ranger78 wrote:

We are military, so the bank we use is online/mobile. When I hit the 22gig mark, my internet service dropped to zero. Absolutely nothing will load.

When I called customer support, they let me in on their false advertising secret about speeds dropping to 3G.

The customer support person was misinformed. Your cell phone will NOT be dropped to 3G speeds after hitting the 22 GB mark for data usage. After reaching 22 GB, your data usage MAY be re-prioritized IF you are on a congested cell tower. Once the congestion has subsided, your data speed will go back to normal.