Highlighted

Re: Unlimited Plan - Taking away discounts and pay by debit? Why these restrictions?

Predator7
Novice

Verizon not only slow also does make lots of idiotic move unnecessary therefore loosing more Customers everyday than they gain!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Unlimited Plan - Taking away discounts and pay by debit? Why these restrictions?

DavePaw

sprmankalel  That's the problem there is no discount.  Only an increase for credit card users.

mama23dogs​  So I guess you are saying all the other carriers also have these weird restrictions with payment options and no company discounts.  I doubt it.  What you are witnessing is Verizon being Verizon.  If you feel like they gave an inch that is part of the problem.  All they are doing is trying to remain competitive when everyone else is giving unlimited data.  The consumer is definitely 2nd thought.

Predator7​  I think all companies go in waves of losing and gaining customers.  Verizon consistently makes moves like this which is disturbing to me as a customer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Unlimited Plan - Taking away discounts and pay by debit?  Why these restrictions?

sprmankalel
Leader

I go back to to the fact that Verizon DOES NOT have to offer discounts OF ANY KIND on their services.

[Removed]

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

mflandshark
Novice

Geeze if you want unlimited pay extra for it, if you don't want unlimited don't its simple.

Verizon doesn't really have to give any kind of discounts for anything.

they could be like other cell phone carriers that make you pay a 2.50 processing fee to make your payment with a credit card but they don't.

Highlighted

STEELBLUE1

They do not like credit cards because they are unsecure credit and Verizon wont get their money if its disputed. I had a virgin mobile acct on a card. It was pretty convenient. I will NOT have it on debit or checking because I like to run those down every now and then.

They say the discount is already there, 4 phones on the 24gb plan (they still have it) is $180. 4 phones on the unlimited is $180.

0 Likes

Re: Unlimited Plan - Taking away discounts and pay by debit?  Why these restrictions?

STEELBLUE1

For the record I will keep my current plan until the do honor the discount and allow autopay on a credit card.

0 Likes
Highlighted

sprmankalel
Leader

Not likely to happen as AT&T has the same requirements and restrictions. All of the carriers do pretty much the same thing.

0 Likes
Highlighted

DavePaw

Eventually it will happen just like Verizon getting the Unlimited plan which they said they would never do.

0 Likes
Highlighted

sprmankalel
Leader

So. The new Verizon plans are essentially unlimited. You have whatever you cap is as LTE data. You slow down after you reach it. The new unlimited gives you up to 22GB LTE with optimization. There is the chance you will get slowed down but you may not. I'd like to see how often you don't get slowed down on this plan.

I like your resolve to hold out hope, though.

0 Likes
Highlighted

ANTFON55

Just received my notice that if I don't change my payment autopay method from a credit card to a debit card then they will take away my discount. That's OK, I'll just drop the paperless billing and autopay and make them spend more money on paper and postage. I have been a customer for over five years. I pay over $300 per month ($3600/year) for phone service and they want to inconvenience me. I can follow suite. Perhaps it's time to start shopping for a new carrier.

0 Likes