Highlighted

Re: Unlimited Data Returns to Verizon

Sr. Leader

I was just able to switch to Unlimited from the mobile app on iOS. My plan is now unlimited.

$110 for plan level unlimited

$20 each for 4 phones and $20 each for 2 tablets = $120

If you add auto-pay, you get an additional $10 off.

The 25 GB Verizon Cloud discount stays (that is the $17.94 and then $17.94 discount shown).

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

One more - this is how it looks from the mobile app in Data Hub:

IMG_0247.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Man i lucked out and T-Mobile works in my area.

I pay 6 lines for 150. I have 0 devices on a payment plan and I get an employee discount(DoD contract) which I pay a total of 143 total a month. Too bad Verizon can't give me something like that.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Yes, the new plan is certainly not a slam dunk. Still need to consider if it is right for you.

6 lines on the new Verizon Unlimited plan will be $220 - a significant $70 more than you are getting at the company of the Foul Mouthed Guy that Wears Magenta.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

If I needed better service I would be right back on Verizon.  $$$ talks.  $70 a month is a new device a year!  My biggest problem isn't the $70.  It's the fact I can't use the devices I want, and do what I want with them which is a shame.

Highlighted

Don't forget taxes/fees, which are included in the T-Mobile price, but add an extra $20 or more to the Verizon plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This would be tempting if not for losing my company discount. I've been considering switching the family to T-Mobile. My son is on T-Mo already, and his coverage is pretty much on par around here, and his D/L speeds are significantly faster. If I move the other three lines in the family from Verizon to T-Mobile, I'm looking at $160 period. If I move him to Verizon, it's $180 plus taxes/fees, which run at least $25 more per month for me, so $205. At least my company discount would take it back down to about $180 overall.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

TEDKORD1968 wrote:

This would be tempting if not for losing my company discount.

I don't know. People were complaining Verizon dropped unlimited data. NOW they bring it back and it is even at a lower price than it was before they discontinued it.

Before Verizon discontinued unlimited data, it was $30. With 4 lines that would have been $120 just for data. On top of that I had 1400 minutes and unlimited texting for $79.99. That comes to $200 plus taxes/fees. Now you get 4 lines with unlimited data/minutes/texting for $180 + taxes/fees. If people were wishing Verizon just returned unlimited data the way it was, THIS should be a slam dunk.

For others who don't need as much data, just keep what you have. I have 5 lines(1 is a smartwatch) and a 15 GB shared data allowance. I rarely use more than 10 GB in any given month and pay a TOTAL of $167/month with my employer discount. I see no reason to make this switch and increase my bill by $30-$40/month just to get unlimited data for which I have no use.  IF they still had employer discounts to keep my price at about the same level, I could see changing, but it does not bother me that they have chosen to not include employer discounts with this price plan. Verizon has always had price plans which didn't qualify for employer discounts. This is no different.

Highlighted

My bill before they dropped unlimited was just over $140 (including promos and company discount, not including taxes/fees and insurance). So, no. Not cheaper. Cheaper than it is now, since they tacked on an extra $20 per line per month.

Regardless, certainly not cheaper than T-Mobile's $160 month flat for four lines. Another bonus is, I have a MUCH wider choice of devices with T-Mo.

This gives me something to think about. I'd been planning to switch the whole family to T-Mobile. I'll compare carefully, but I just don't think Verizon's plan is competitve.

0 Likes