Highlighted

Unacceptable way to treat a long standing customer Verizon

I have been a Verizon customer for over 15 years with four to five phones on my plan and have faithfully paid my bill every month. I attempted to set up my account with automatic payment in January and it didn’t work.  Called customer service and they didn’t know why the bank rejected the debit.  I paid the bill as normal and at the suggestion of the customer service representative tried it again.  The automatic debit was rejected again.  Called customer service again and they still didn’t know why it was rejected.  I paid my bill again the normal way.

Last night I went to pay my April bill and was told my account was put on a cash basis because I was attempting to set up my account with automatic debit using my savings account and Verizon doesn’t accept auto debits to a savings account. I was never told the three times prior when I spoke to customer service that a savings account is not accepted. The only suggestion the customer service representative told me was they were at a loss and I should contact my bank. 

I always pay my bill on time and am now being treated like a dead beat who does not pay their bill.  I even attempted to by my bill with a credit card and was denied.  They are demanding the I walk into a store with CASH to pay my account.  Unacceptable Verizon.   I don't feel I did anything wrong and no one from Verizon will help me. 

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Unacceptable way to treat a long standing customer Verizon

Leader

You were helped when the direct debit terms and conditions state that from a savings account is not allowed. It's not verizon fault that you made this mistake. What's unacceptable is not reading those terms, and "loyalty" has nothing to do with it. You are SUPPOSED to pay your bills. It does not make you "loyal".

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

You did not miss any payments? Did you find out what you need to do to get your account back to normal status?  You are better off not setting up for auto payment.   Once they get your money then it is up yo you to prove you overpaid and much harder to get it back. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Autopay is fine. Paperless billing is what you don't want. The bills will always help prove you overpaid.

Highlighted

It is Verizon's fault I made the mistake.  I didn't see and Terms and Conditions that stated savings accounts were not allowed.  I would have also thought their customer service people should have realized and explained that was what the problem is.  With that said, help me fix the issue Customer Service!  Don't punish your customers for making an unintentional misake.  Verizon's customer service is AWFUL. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Right. It's verizon fault you didn't read the terms and conditions. Interesting.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Wow. The hostility is amazing. the rep couldn't inform them why? ?? You people are bullies. And even IF that's the case,  why can't they reverse the cash only issue?  Really?  Why not?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm appalled at the response that they aren't "loyal" cause they pay their bills... explain what is loyal,  if it isn't being a 15 year paying customer? Humor me.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Loyalty is a marketing tool. In a free market there is no such as loyalty. Loyalty is nothing but a cash cow and allows the industry to become complacent. People keep crying about change... Stop being complacent and talk about loyalty. I have never been loyal to a company. As soon as better deal and better product(in my eyes) comes out I am there to buy it. I don't care if it's Verizon, T-Mobile, or insert any company out there. Make the companies work for your money.

Highlighted

That's bad business. Period.

0 Likes