Unacceptable service in 10309, who do I contact before switching companies?

jessicaznyc

I have dropped calls every single day when I am home. I thought I found a "good spot" in my house but that lasted one day as I have dropped calls in that part of the house too. The dropped calls do not occur just inside, its outside as well.

I DO NOT  have this issue anywhere else OUTSIDE of the Staten Island area. I work in New Jersey, where the reception is fine. I travel 40 minutes a day. I speak on my phone from the minute I get in my car until I hit Route 440 near the closed landfill where I proceed to get a "Call Lost" notification.

At least once a week I get a voicemail without my phone having rang at all and no its not a voicemail someone sent because I am told they tried calling me and it rang and they got my voicemail. People don't believe me that my phone never rang.

I am so sick of paying for horrible service. I honestly feel like its a joke. It's only a matter of time before everyone else wakes up and demands better service or switches to a new carrier.

Please tell me if something can be done.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Unacceptable service in 10309, who do I contact before switching companies?

Community Manager
Community Manager

That information certainly help JessicaSINY. I agree with you, not having service at home, is not ok. In today's world where no one really has home phones anymore it's important that our cell phones work. With that being said, coverage indoors can be tough to determine and can't be guarenteed. We do offer in building solutions for situations just like this. Our Network Extender would greatly increase the signal strangth in your home allowing you to send/receive calls. Here is some additional information about them: http://vz.to/VICn0r

ErinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

JessicaSINY,

We never want you to have issues with service! I know how important it is to be able to rely on your phone to give you excellent service. Does this only seem to be an issue at home or throughout the area? Does it only seem to happen inside or outside as well?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

jessicaznyc

C'mon Andrew, Smiley Happy clearly, or so I thought I was clear in my initial post, that the service is horrible inside my house and outside as well. Also driving on Route 440 (Staten Island).   Does not happen when I am in New Jersey, specifically zip code 07901 or 08822.

I do appreciate that you responded so quickly.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for the clarification JessicaSINY! I do apologize for the oversight but we will work to get you the service you deserve. What kind of phone do you have? Do you know of any other Verizon Wireless users in the area having the same trouble with their service?

CandiceH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

jessicaznyc

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with the latest software update.

My 2 next door neighbors both have spoken to me about similar issues with their cell phone service. They have dropped calls as well. Both have Iphone 5s.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

JessicaSINY,

Our goal is to always be able to provide top notch service to all our customers and keep you connected while you are driving.  We definitely wanto help get to the bottom on this. Seeing that you are having issues in multiple areas, give us a chance to resolve this.  Have you always had this issue with your service? Do you every get any error messages?

YareliM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

jessicaznyc

Honestly, yes I have always had this issue with my service. But its gotten to the point that I cannot have a conversation over 2 minutes in my house without half  of the time getting notified "Call Lost."  Same for outside.

I also have "Call Lost" notifications on the Highway and around the corner from my house. Same spots.

I can deal with those 2 spots while driving. I cannot deal with losing calls constantly at home.

At least 1x a week I get a voicemail while at home from my employer that never rings on my end. The caller hears ringing but my voicemail picks up. So this has gone on for the life of this Samsung phone and before when I had a droid.

I also get 2/3 of the group messages I receive when I am home. In my research I see that group messages are treated as mobile data. I have switched off the "automatically retrieve MMS" on my text messaging, hoping that would allow me to download each message. However, that hasn't helped much with missing the group MMS.

I appreciate any help.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

That information certainly help JessicaSINY. I agree with you, not having service at home, is not ok. In today's world where no one really has home phones anymore it's important that our cell phones work. With that being said, coverage indoors can be tough to determine and can't be guarenteed. We do offer in building solutions for situations just like this. Our Network Extender would greatly increase the signal strangth in your home allowing you to send/receive calls. Here is some additional information about them: http://vz.to/VICn0r

ErinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

jessicaznyc

My service is worse today November 6, 2015 then it was back when I started this post.

My calls are "Lost" constantly. I couldn't even cancel my Sirius XM radio because every time I would get to the part of the conversation of the "why" I want to cancel, the call was lost. THREE TIMES IN A 20 MINUTE span. Its so absolutely frustrating.

I honestly can't believe the answer to me not being able to use the service I pay money for is to pay more money on a booster.
I am sure you can see in your system the amount of dropped calls I get. Not even to offer me this device with a discount because your service is horrible in Staten Island is pretty ridiculous. Obviously we as consumers are stuck because its either not use my phone for phone calls, pay the contract end fee, or pay for the booster. Great. Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

jessicaznyc

4 lost calls in the last 10 minutes. I haven't even been able to find out why my employer needed to speak to me because the call was lost each time. "NO SIGNAL" was what I saw on my screen. For the love of god please tell me if its my phone or the service.

0 Likes