Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Unable to get my VW family plan terminated

ConcordiaO

Today I discovered a problem re my account.  

In various communications with Verizon reps, over about the last ten days, I had explained that I wanted my family plan to terminate at the end of my mid-January billing cycle.   I had not been told that there would be any big problems re terminating that plan.  With the help of the Verizon reps, I was able to get  my mother in law’s phone coverage out of the family plan and into a Verizon prepaid call and text only plan.  I received an email with a copy of the receipt for my first payment for the prepaid plan.  I was also eventually able to transfer my wife’s and my telephone numbers to our new xfinity mobile account.  

At that point only one of the four phone lines in the family plan had not been transferred or removed.

The remaining line was for another family member (FM).  I had explained to the Verizon reps  that I did not know what that FM wanted to do re his line and that I did not want to be responsible for any more payments for his line and wanted therefore to end the family plan.  I did want to give him the option to keep his phone number and to remain with Verizon through his own account.  I was told I needed to authorize a transfer pin for his line, and the rep set up the transfer pin for me.  A Verizon rep also said that Verizon would text and email my FM re his transfer options for his line.  I told Verizon reps that there were some family issues and that my FM was difficult to contact and had not responded to our attempts to notify him of his need to quickly arrange for a new cell phone account.  In this regard, in my communications with Verizon I did not change from my position that the family plan was to be terminated before the start of a new billing cycle and that I would no longer be paying for my FM’s Verizon calls, texts or data.  

Today I signed onto my account to set up an auto pay for my mother in law’s prepaid plan, only to find out that my family plan has not been terminated, and that my mother in law’s line is still listed as part of the family plan, even though that line is now in the Verizon prepaid plan.  Also, my FM’s line is still included in my family plan, even though I had repeatedly  expresses my intent to end the family plan and to no longer have to pay for his line.  

I understand I cannot email Verizon and have to use this forum instead.  I will call Verizon again tomorrow, but I am not optimistic that this apparently difficult problem will be resolved over the phone.  I would appreciate any advice you can give re how to fix this mess.  Thanks

0 Likes

Re: Unable to get my VW family plan terminated

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, ConcordiaO. We want to make sure you get the assistance you need. Did you get this resolved, when you called in? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes

Re: Unable to get my VW family plan terminated

Tigerstep

Telesales rep didn't do prepaid migration if you still see it.

0 Likes