Uber employee discount

Hi, I work for Uber as a driver and I applied for the 15% discount.  However, I didn't really upload a pay statement.  All they give you is a list of your "drives" for the week on a spreadsheet.  I uploaded this. Is there any other way I can prove I work for Uber?

Labels (1)

Re: Uber employee discount

Diceguru

Having the same issue. Did you find a solution?

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

Have you completed 50 rides? has it been 2 weeks since you applied the discount?

Uber will confirm the discount, which is why it takes a bit.

0 Likes

chadindiana

I've messaged Uber Support about 30 times, [Removed]

They tell me to drive 300 miles to a green light Uber HQ to resolve it.

I meet all requirements for 15% Verizon discount too, but Verizon refuses to accept anything I send as proof of being a driver partner. Verizon insists the only acceptable proof is an @uber.com email or an Uber paystub showing all details. Neither of which any Uber drivers get being independent contractors.

So Verizon has stamped INVALID on my 15 different proofs I've sent them as a driver.

Verizon says contact Uber. Uber says contact Verizon.  So there ya go. No one's to blame, and all is sweet as cherry pie, lol. Round n round we go, and no one can fix the issue.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzwH8er

Same thing here. It's a joke. My email used for Uber will not be accepted, I don't have a @uber.com account. Nor is there a pay stub that is acceptable.

VZW spends all the money they save in taxes from the '97 Telecommunications Act -- so they can build up infrastructure -- on finding ways to screw over customers. It's just how all ISPs work.  ...It's not just VZW, it's Uber too.  If they really wanted to help out they would make it easier than just give a link to sign-up for the discount knowing that you won't have the proof necessary to get it.  Make them seem more appealing to prospective drivers; only to find out that it's just a bad corporate joke!!!  ...read it quick, they'll remove the post due to honesty!

Ann154
Expert

Then I would suspect the discount is for actual Uber employees and not the contractors since the contractors don't have verifiable proof of working for them.

I actually understand your situation. I have been in a similar position for working as a contractor to a bigger company and not be allowed to get their company discounts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

vzwH8er

That may be.  However, if so; why does Uber even present this offer to drivers at all?  Especially as a perk only available after the driver has given a set number of rides?  Seems like false advertising to me if that is the case -- depending on state the illegality of such acts may vary.  They should not present offers to drivers that are not actually available to drivers!

All in all; I'd say it's probably a bit of a joint effort from the two companies to ensure they can take advantage of everyone and anyone they can.... such is the way of the world anymore unfortunately.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Maybe you need to go back to Uber and ask them that.  Of ask Verizon Wireless if there are other documents you can use for verification.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

YOJAIRA67J

I had the same issue but all you have to do is go to this url ww.partners.uber.com/rewards and sign up .

Your welcome

0 Likes

Cookie5362

I clicked the link.  Says site can't be found

0 Likes