UNBELIEVABLY RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG my experience moments ago has made my head want to explode when I was already at that point BEFORE I contacted customer service through chat for the gazillionth time.  (my conversation w/ him was over around 2 PM on 11/17/2020)

I will admit I was TESTY and MAD already and definitely displayed it in my chat with this representative, but I really don't think Verizon would be happy to know an employee treated a customer this way.  I'm CERTAIN Verizon has training on de-escalating upset customers and all this guy/girl's interactions did was ESCALATE ME!!!

As a preface, here are a couple of things for you to note BEYOND the fact that my phone doesn't work and I've called / chatted with V repeatedly and for HOURSSSSSSSS to no avail:

1. I asked him if Verizon will be paying for the booster THREE times and never got an answer except for a garbage excuse and then he tells me "is that what you wanted to hear?"  (ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Did he really just type that to me?)

2. Then related to if V is going to pay for the booster, he tells me "Verizon is also paying for its network to continue providing services every year" - (Uhm, I pay my bill EVERY MONTH TO HAVE SERVICE!!!!!!!!! ) 

3. And, the final thing that set me over the brink was the war of who was going to get the last word!!!!!!  I've highlighted his various provocative responses in red.  I'm STUNNED and I'm also pretty certain there isn't even going to be a record of this conversation.  Over 14 times he/she responds to me with answers designed to provoke.  Well, congratulations, I'm provoked! 

4. And, no surprise but I didn't receive the survey that he said I would.  

So, here's the string from the conversation.  

Verizon Agent

Greetings, it's exciting to meet you here in chat! How may I help you out today?

ry real?

727.xxx-xxxx

Verizon Agent

Yes, I am. How may I help?

My service SCKS and Ive spent HOURSSSSSSSSSSSSSS trying to get this resolved.

I get cut off, I have static its terrible.

I was on verizon for YEARS in this area and was fine. I left verizon for two days, then came back and my phone is dirt.

Ive done everything on the phone with you guys.

I dont understand and Im at the point of wanting to know about signal boosters. Im hearing I can use one and yet one of the reps I talked to said using wifi calling was the only boost I can get for my phone.

So, Whats next? My history should show the gazillion things that I have done and Verizon has told me to do and NOTHING WORKS sufficiently.

I pay you for a phone that works.

Verizon Agent

I do am sorry that your services are cuting off.

Verizon Agent

I do see here that you have already done basic troubleshooting here in customer service. For you to check if the network booster option, you need to check with our technical support team for the advanced resolution and steps.

Verizon Agent

I do see here that you have already done basic troubleshooting here in customer service. For you to check if the network booster option, you need to check with our technical support team for the advanced resolution and steps.

Verizon Agent

Before we check with them, is there any thing else besides this network booster issue we need to check on the account?

Verizon Agent

Before we check with them, is there any thing else besides this network booster issue we need to check on the account?

Im curious. Why am I the one stuck paying for something to make YOUR system work?

Seems like it should be provided for free since Verizon isnt working

Verizon Agent

Normally some areasof coverage may experience fluctuating signal although it should be fixed with the help of a bosoter

So you guys will be providing that?

And its not fluctuating - its CONSTANT

Verizon Agent

Beforew e check on that booster option with our technical team, anything else you need addressed?

yes.

Verizon Agent

Ok

Id like to know if you are paying for it.

Verizon Agent

Verizon is also paying for its network to continue providing services every year  

Verizon Agent

Verizon is also paying for its network to continue providing services every year

Verizon Agent

Is that what you want to hear?

Nope. Whatever Verizon is paying for is not benefiting me and my question isnt about what verizon is paying for.

Continuing to provide services?

I DONT HAVE ANY SERVICES THATS THE PROBLEM!

Verizon Agent

Alright, thanks for letting me know

You are killing me.

I hope I get a survey

Verizon Agent

So anything else before we check with our technical team for the booster option

Verizon Agent

You will get one once our chat closes

Verizon Agent

You will get one once our chat closes

Verizon Agent

Please do feel free submit your feedback

Thats awesome. Ill let them know how you have not answered questions and as far as Im concerned gotten a little snotty with me.

please go ahead and transfer me.

Verizon Agent

Alright, thanks for letting me know

snot nose

Verizon Agent

Perfect!

Verizon Agent

Perfect!

yup!

Verizon Agent

Alright

ok

Verizon Agent

Alright

thank you

Verizon Agent

ok

its a great day isnt it?

Verizon Agent

Yup

Verizon Agent

Yup

Theres this thing called copy/paste

Verizon Agent

Yes, certainly

Verizon Agent

Yes, certainly

indeed.

Verizon Agent

Yup

thank you.

Verizon Agent

Ok

Verizon Agent

Ok

ok thanks.

Verizon Agent

Ok

Sounds like you must not be very busy or your co workers are picking up the slack.

Verizon Agent

Ok

Sounds like you must not be very busy or your co workers are picking up the slack.

hey whered ya go?

Verizon Agent

True

Verizon Agent

Technical team tier 2 is now ready for you. Transferring you over now

Verizon Agent

True

Verizon Agent

Technical team tier 2 is now ready for you. Transferring you over now

Please continue to ask your question below and we'll get you on the right path.

thanks. have a wonderful day!

And that's the string. So if Verizon representatives see this post, you might want to contact me and get my phone number to go back on my records and get this joker trained - or fired actually.  There's ZERO excuse for what was done today.  ZERO!  All he had to do was transfer me and he kept playing the last word game.  I had all day today so I wanted to see just how far he'd go, well... he went too far. 

If you have a rep that behaves this way - no amount of training is going to help.  The exchange goes far beyond training.   

1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: UNBELIEVABLY RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you.  I mean, he was TAUNTING me essentially!  I hope the world reads this and I'm tempted to post all over the place on the net.  Everywhere I can find.  Then again, why should I waste my time.  

if I did that at my job I'd be gone SOOOO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!  Deservedly.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Believe me I got a lot worse had a manager waste 5 hours repeating same scripts yes a manager others will do the same and generally all you get is scripted reply some will be same repeating one or few my personal opinion and experience is we the customer are just a disturbance to them I'm pretty sure they laugh at us as they hi 5 each other must be nice to have no accountability or any consequences 

I agree with you.  I mean, he was TAUNTING me essentially!  I hope the world reads this and I'm tempted to post all over the place on the net.  Everywhere I can find.  Then again, why should I waste my time.  

if I did that at my job I'd be gone SOOOO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!  Deservedly.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Absolute insanity.  You can't even rely on a manager.  Then again, it was probably the clowns there just TELLING you they were a supervisor.  More laughter for them and more High Fives!  

0 Likes

Novice

So you got on the chat with this representative, already peeved. You started yelling and complaining right off the bat. They obviously have no magic wand and this rep couldn't even assist you with the booster, they had to transfer you to another team. Yet you insisted on getting an answer from them regarding something they had already informed you that they would need to transfer you to another team to discuss. What did you want them to do, give you a wrong answer or repeat themselves so you can hopefully read it? Then you started calling them names?! Are you in middle school? How abusive of you!

I think you need to re-evaluate how you treat people when they don't have the answers you want to hear. No one made you leave Verizon and I'm sure that if they knew why it isn't working now, they would fix it. This person did not personally sabotage your service and they aren't personally responsible for the cost of your booster. It's ridiculous that you think being abusive to a service representative will get you anywhere. 

0 Likes

Hello and thank you for your snarky response, Novice.

To address your remarks:

1. It was on chat.  I wasn't yelling - are all caps putting him in tears?  I was complaining.  I have had a serious issue and Verizon has been unable to resolve it for me for weeks and after I have dedicated a considerable amount of time to it. 

2. NEVER did the first rep have the common sense to say he didn't have pricing information.  That would be the thing to do and would have ended it.   Period. I actually thought the next level of technical support was going to be for technical, not account related help. He never indicated the next ones would answer it.  There's a lot to be said for fully communicating with people, especially when you can tell they aren't getting what you are saying to them which is when you should try to reframe it.

3. I did call him a name.  Completely uncalled for.   I'm just SOOOOOO frustrated with this ongoing issue.  My bill is $140/month and I don't have service.  Do you have the service that you pay for?  Truly, I have spent HOURS on the phone trying to resolve it.  At some point, a person is done being nice.  I'm not excusing it, just explaining it.  

4. Not sure what makes you think I believed he personally sabotaged me and would be personally responsible for the cost.  Me leaving Verizon is irrelevant to the behavior and exchange; it's the factor in exactly when the phone stopped working and I'm seriously unable to comprehend why this can't be resolved.  Same phone, same house, same company, what happened?  

I'm FULLY aware that vinegar doesn't get you anywhere and you shouldn't assume I thought I was going to get him to assist me that way.  I honestly don't act like that under normal circumstances.  It's EXTREMELY rare for me to get to that point.  I take responsibility for my actions, but you have to be aware that customers FLIP OUT a lot and worse than that exchange was.  I've worked customer service and it gets MUCH MUCH worse, routinely.  This is why you train staff on de escalation.  My customer service experience also tells me that the company wouldn't like it if they saw the war of words that went on.  Better to "accidentally" disconnect or tell me you are putting me through to Tier 2 and just do it w/o engaging in further conversation.  I was being childish, but does that excuse a company representive to do so?  NO.  It does not.  Putting myself in a supervisory role, if I saw that exchange I would acknowledge to the staff member that the customer was rude and could cut some slack, but there's NO excuse for what he did and I would at least do a write up.  Customers are nuts but to a degree, the staff has to deal with it. I recognize a customer can go too far, but that was far from it. 

They are being paid to be the "face" of the company and well trained in de escalation techniques.  If a customer service rep can't handle that exchange which involved no cursing,frustration, getting called one name, and being testy, they are in the wrong business. It isn't all sunny and roses. 

You must not own a company or hold staff accountable for their actions, especially when it can be detrimental to business.  You tore me apart, but you made no mention of the inappropriate behavior of the employee.  Do you condone it?  

Novice

Yes, your caps indicate yelling. So you were yelling at them right off the bat. Yes, they should be trained to de-escalate. Yes, they deal with ridiculous customers all day long. Is that an excuse for you to be rude and abusive? "They deal with it all day, so why shouldn't I be that customer?" is a ridiculous excuse. Especially coming from someone who knows how that feels. 

From a supervisory standpoint, I don't see where he was rude to you since he was simply answering your questions. Repetition is a way to answer your questions. Especially since you weren't willing to listen to anything that was said to you. They said "For you to check if the network booster option, you need to check with our technical support team for the advanced resolution and steps."  Look at that, a quote from you that shows they did in fact tell you you had to talk to a different department regarding the booster! Yet you continued on your rampage. 

"I'm FULLY aware that vinegar doesn't get you anywhere and you shouldn't assume I thought I was going to get him to assist me that way."  Then what were you trying to do? Were you just chatting to be abusive?! If you didn't expect a resolution, then why act like a child? 

They are not being paid to be abused, regardless of what level of frustration you are at. I do own a successful company, and I do expect professionalism. Unlike most employers these days though, my employees are extremely important to me and I do not stand for abuse. I would lose a customer over this exchange and have no pains from it. You should expect to be treated the way you treat others. I hope more companies adapt this level of respect and care of their employees before the leopardangies of the world take over and we're all forced to relive middle school. 

0 Likes

Customer Support

Our goal is to address and resolve everything in one contact with us. I'm sorry to learn about any poor experience you had with our chat team. I would like to review the details in more depth, so I will be sending a Private Note as well. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes

Customer Support

I'm here to help you, as we want every contact with us to be a good experience. I'm sorry to learn about what happened, and I will be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue. 

0 Likes

I had the same problem today was transferred,hung up on and I have to say once I pay off the remaining 2 phone's I am leaving Verizon after close to 7 years! I dont think Verizon management and staff realize how if not for the customers they wouldn't have a job!

0 Likes