Highlighted

Trying to access text messages on the VZW website????

Isabo8886

I have read previous posts regarding how to access text message detail on the actual VZW website. I have tried the following steps:

Using the Account Owner's User ID and Password, log into My Verizon at www.verizonwireless.com

Look for the section titled My Usage (just right of My Device).

Under My Usage, you'll see a blue hyperlink that reads "Usage Details". Click it!

If you have multiple lines on your account, find the line you want to review and click on the picture if its phone

Scroll to the "Messaging" section.

Under Messaging, you'll see a blue hyperlink that reads "View Messaging Details". Click it!

You will see a spreadsheet-style summary of the messages for that number, including the dates, times, and directions (sent or received).

I can get as far as the "View Usage Details" after the "My Usage" and thats as far as these instructions take me. Can you please help walk me through from there? I dont know if the website changed since that was posted, but I would appreciate any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Trying to access text messages on the VZW website????

Community Manager
Community Manager

Isabo8886, we'd be happy to help out any way that we can. Are you attempting to access the text records or the actual content of the messages? The instructions provided would most certainly still be accurate to locate the records of messages as well you can always go to the View Bill section to view these records just the same. A quick way to also get to that menu would be by typing "View Bill" in the "I want to..." box at the top of the page when logged in.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

blondiwolf88

How do access the actual content of the message..i can get that far too but need the content of the message?

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

The content of text messages is only available if you're using Verizon Messages and have your texts synced with your account via Integrated Messaging.  If that's the case, then once you log into your on-line My Verizon account, hover over My Verizon at the top of the page and when you see the gray bar pop up that says My Account and My Device, hover over My Device so that you can click Send and Manage Messages.  The content of your texts should then be visible.

0 Likes

blondiwolf88

I tried that and it did my phone only..how do I get messages from another device on my account?  Can I call tech support and have them  email them to me?

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

Each phone line has to have its own My Verizon account in order to see the Verizon Messages texts (and other backup-type features) for the line.

VzW only keeps the past 10 days' or so worth of text message content and to obtain copies you'd need a court order.

0 Likes

debbieg67

How do you know if you are using Verizon Messaging? As far as I know we are using the messaging "app" that was on our phone when we got it. We have not downloaded any other from the app store.

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

The Verizon Messaging app is standard on a lot of phones now (maybe all the recent ones?).  The app has a red background with two white 'text bubbles' on it.  When you tap the app, it says Verizon Messages at the top of the first screen.

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

The desktop app for your computer can be downloaded here, as well as apps for yourphones.

Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes