TravelPass

HAMIL4FB

It seems my plan doesn't allow me to add TravelPass. Why? The $10 per day charge for access to use the data/minutes/text on my own plan seems a bit steep, but I'm willing to pay it. Requiring us to pay $70 for HALF A GIG of data is ridiculous and will drive your customers to consider switching to other carriers.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: TravelPass

Ann154
Expert

Which plan do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

HAMIL4FB

Hi Ann, thanks for your reply. I have NATIONWIDE TALK 450- (450 mins/1000 texts/6 GB's of data)

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Travel Pass was introduced long after the Nationwide Plan was retired. It is likely not compatible with the plan, but there should other international options available for that plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

HAMIL4FB, We would never want you to switch carriers due to difficulty adding our Travel Pass feature; let's turn this around. In order to be eligible for Travel Pass, you must be on a current calling plan (Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited, Above Unlimited or the New Verizon Plan XL and higher). For international travel options, visit http://spr.ly/6585D2NB3 What's the make and model of your phone you will be using on your trip? Where are you headed?

Trinette_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

There's a good chance a current plan will be less expensive over that ancient one.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

You do know your phone is unlocked and you could buy local services for less?  That would not only allow you to pick the best local service, but a more liberal plan.

HAMIL4FB

I currently pay $80 before my employer discount. I have an iPhone X and will be using my phone in the U.K. and Ireland.

I've been hesitant to change my plan because I thought I was grandfathered into a deal that gives me 6 GB's and 1000 texts at a better rate than I'd be paying for those limits on another plan. Voice doesn't matter to me as I never come close to my 450 minute allotment. I looked at the website and it advertises the monthly cost of the "Go Unlimited" plan at roughly the same amount I pay now. Can you tell me any differences I'd encounter by switching to this plan (data speed, messaging non-Verizon customers, etc.)?

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes

HAMIL4FB

Thanks to everyone else who took the time to respond and offer help, I appreciate it!

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

The new unlimited plans do not allow employee discounts.  Single line on Go unlimited is $75 after auto pay and paperless, before taxes. 

The current 8 gig plan does allow employee discounts and roaming with day pass, as well as unlimited talk and text. 

0 Likes