Highlighted

Transfer of service - activate the other new phone first?

Damien2011

Our current set up is my smartphone and my wife's flip phone with our own accounts. She bought a smartphone using her account. We want to have both phones on my account and get a new shared data plan. Question: do we activate her new phone first as if we weren't going to transfer it, then go through the process of transfer of service?  

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Transfer of service - activate the other new phone first?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Damien2011, that is an excellent question! You can do either option. Either way, we would still be able to transfer the line to the right account. You can always transfer her line to your account, then activate the new phone. Or, you can activate the new phone, then transfer the line. Does this answer your question?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Damien2011, that is an excellent question! You can do either option. Either way, we would still be able to transfer the line to the right account. You can always transfer her line to your account, then activate the new phone. Or, you can activate the new phone, then transfer the line. Does this answer your question?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

It will work either way, however it's recommended to do the transfer first and then any upgrades. If the phone was purchased on a promotion, you will lose any discounts since those won't transfer over. If there was no promo attached to her phone, it's fine.

0 Likes