Highlighted

Transfer from one account to another credit check

I am wanting to transfer 2 phones from one account to my account. The account they are coming from is current in the bill. Will transfering them to my account cause another credit check on me or does it move just fine as long as its authorzied by the original account holder. 

Thank you,

Donna 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Transfer from one account to another credit check

Expert

Have you reviewed the FAQs for transferring your service? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/transfer-your-service-faqs/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We certainly want you to be able to transfer this line to your account, darksoulvv. We want you to get the appropriate help in this situation and get the correct information. I recommend reaching out to our Transfer of Team at 888-832-4540 for clarification on the credit check. Their hours of operation are M-F 7am-9pm Local time and S/Su 8am-9pm Local Time. I'm confident this team will be able to assist you further.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Oh man, I wish I saw this sooner!

Former TYS rep here. You don't get a hard hit moving lines from one account to another. The system does a soft check to make sure you are within your line limit and if you are still within your financing limit to take on existing loans.

The one thing to keep in mind aside from the accounts being current are promo credits. If the equipment is getting a credit each month, that will drop off once transferred. If this is not the case, by all means transfer.

0 Likes