Trade in/Still owe device payment plan

tcraig627

I am 1/2 way into my device payment plan but not eligible to upgrade my iphone every year because I bought my iphone 6 Plus 1 month before the upgrade program started.  I currently would like to get a new phone.  Does anyone know if I can take advantage of the new offer that will give me up to $300.00 on my phone without paying off my phone first that is on a device payment plan.  Will Verizon apply the $300.00 to my device plan and l get another phone with a new device plan?  I currently owe $339.00 and was hoping Verizon will credit the trade in amount of $300.00 and I pay the difference of $39.00 and then I start a new device plan and get another phone.  I am hoping I do not have to pay the $339.00 out of pocket first. Is that possible? I hope that makes sense.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Trade in/Still owe device payment plan

Weth
Sr. Leader

No, you cannot trade in a phone that you have not completed payments. You would have to pay off the $339 and then trade in and get up to $300 (it may be less). You will get an account credit at a later time, but not at the time you are getting the new device.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

You could also try selling it yourself on a site such as swappa.com which has recently had iPhone 6+ models in good condition sell for $420-$489. Of course, these are the 64 GB model and if you only have 16 GB, it may go for a bit less. And you should obviously pay off the device before you first go to sell it.Smiley Happy

0 Likes

JEFPRO28

Verizon needs to change the system. I thought I was renting the phone, not making payments on it. Now I'm hassled with coming up with $250 to pay it off, then sell it. I don't keep a phone for 2 years. Move to a rental system or allow trade ins for credit of the device value. The current system is poor customer service Verizon.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

@JEFPRO28 wrote:

Verizon needs to change the system. I thought I was renting the phone, not making payments on it. Now I'm hassled with coming up with $250 to pay it off, then sell it. I don't keep a phone for 2 years. Move to a rental system or allow trade ins for credit of the device value. The current system is poor customer service Verizon.

Sorry, Verizon does not "rent" phones and is VERY unlikely to start doing so. It is your choice not to keep a phone for 2 years. If you want to do so, you should make sure to get a device which is eligible for an annual upgrade where you can trade in the device after only making payments after 12 months. Otherwise, you will continue to find yourself in the same predicament as the one in which you currently find yourself facing.

0 Likes

i had prblem i was traded in my 7 plus for $500 i tough they paid off with my new device but didnt,they just igve you credit every month in your bill that is  garbage

0 Likes