Highlighted

Trade in Scam

Verizon has CHEATED me out of my trade in. About 2 months back I was talking to a customer service rep regarding trade in credits and upgrading to a new device. As we discussed I ended up purchasing an iPhone 11 while talking to the agent and I was promised a $300 credit when my Pixel 3XL was traded in. This in turn would pay off the remaining amount left to be paid off on my phone. I went to the store to pickup the iPhone and was told that I cannot trade in the pixel at the store, rather I will have to wait for shipping supplies to arrive in order to send my phone in. I insisted I was told online to trade in at the store but they refused to take the phone. After waiting two weeks, trade in materials were never received. I contacted customer service and they sent me an envelope.... with no shipping label or anything. I then proceeded to ask for a shipping label which I got but when the phone was traded in, I never got any kind of email confirmation or trade-in ID. I used the tracking number to figure out when exactly my phone arrived at the verizon trade in center and I had to contact customer service in order to get any information on trade in status. Throughout this entire process I was promised on multiple occasions I would be given a $300 credit on my account. After talking with a Verizon agent today, however, I was told I am not eligible for the $300 trade in credit as I have not met the requirements. Even though I have had 4 or 5 agents tell me otherwise, including the one who sold me my phone as that was the only reason I was willing to upgrade. I am now told I cannot get that amount and there's nothing I can do about it. I GOT LIED TO, absolutely cheated out of the trade in credit. I've been told I will get the trade in value of my phone which is about 100 bucks, and that's it. I am livid at the fact so many agents promised me I would get the $300 trade in credit and now I'm being told I was never going to get it. Can somebody help me out in fixing this problem, this is utterly ridiculous.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Trade in Scam

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are eager to help you, but we'll need access to your account in privacy. Please send us a Direct Message via Facebook, or follow/DM us in Twitter to continue, okay?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Is there no way to continue via email or live chat instead of through a social media platform?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We certainly want to make sure that you get the help you need. Alwaysteachin. For a live chat, you would need to select "Chat with us" from this page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/ While not a live chat, you can also send a Private Note here. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes