Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Trade in Program Line active for 3 billing cycles

When I went to the store to add 2 new lines to my current account I was told of a restriction that the lines upon which the $300 trade in credit was taken need to be active for at least 3 billing cycles. If not the rep said that I would be charged a fine of $300 per line. As this is a new restriction added by verizon (Probably on Nov 24th) is it applicable to the orders made/devices activated before this new rule came in?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)

Re: Trade in Program Line active for 3 billing cycles

Customer Support

We want to get this straightened out for you. If these are brand new lines added to the account and not upgrades, you will get the $300.00 trade in credit. Here is a lilnk that will help explain: http://spr.ly/6585BrVx9.

RobertH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

No that is not what I asked. I know that only new connections get the $300 credit upon submitting tradeins. My question is, will we be charged a fine of $300 if we cancel our accounts/lines after 1 billing cycle? A new rule popped up in the trade in faqs on 24th november that the account/lines have to be active for at least 3 billing cycles. My question is, is this new rule applicable to lines created before 24th november? Please read my question carefully. Your previous reply was not at all useful. It was not even close to an answer I was expecting.

Novice

Why not to have a try?

0 Likes

PLEASE ANSWER MARKFORTYTWO'S QUESTION.

0 Likes

Novice

I opened my account with 2 lines on September and ported them out on November.

0 Likes

Did you port them out before Nov 24th?

0 Likes

Leader

Why does it matter? Are you trying to commit fraud?

that's exactly what it is.  Would have nothing to do with getting caught up in a promotion for a new phone then changing your mind after the fact.

0 Likes