Trade in Materials Never Coming

I have now had requested trade in materials 3 times. The website you have for trade in materials keeps reverting to the old name and address on the account. It does not update to the current Billing and Service address on myVZW. It is clear it is using a different database and it is clear that Database is not updating.

I have manually changed the address 3 times on the trade in site, and requested materials after the first time materials went to the wrong (my old address).

The phone was purchased on the 22nd.

The materials were sent on the 24th to the wrong address. I changed the address and requested materials on the 28th, and again on the 7th.

After 2 calls and numerous chats.

My name is still not updated, you are using tons of different databases. They are not updating, and this is getting so frustrating. Especially because you put a time limit on trade ins.

You are hiding behind "COVID" as the excuse for why your Verizon stores don't accept phones, but this is a terrible excuse. You still allow pick ups and let people in your stores. Not allowing drop offs (which is frankly, the safest thing) is just adding to the frustration.

Are you doing this on purpose to not payout the $700 for the trade ins?

Re: Trade in Materials Never Coming

Customer Support

It should be pretty easy for an agent to update your account and contact information. If you're having trouble with this, please send us a Private Message so that an agent can take a look. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes

Re: Trade in Materials Never Coming

Huge difference between a brand new sealed box and a phone that has been handled. If a stranger tried to hand me a phone, I don't know if they're sick. I don't know if they wash their hands. I don't know what that phone came into contact with.

0 Likes