To Whom it May Concern

katiepie1

I've been a customer for over 15 years, currently I've 3 lines. I know Verizon is more expensive than other cellular companies, but I always felt the great customer service I received was worth the cost.  It's not worth it anymore.  In December my bill went from the normal $280 to over $1800. It was NOT my fault. It WAS Verizon's fault. I've spent hours on the phone. I've had calls over two hours. I've been on hold for over 45 mins only to be disconnected when transferred. I've been lied to, blamed, disrespected, disregarded, disbelieved, ignored. I've been told strange, ridiculous, bizarre things that made no sense. The contradicting conversations I've had are just insane. Seriously, one lady had me thinking "Is this a joke? Is this for real?"  Through it all I was never rude, mean, disrespectful, I do think I cried a couple times. I have contradicting chats, and texts. I have multiple texts saying I'd be updated in 48 hrs. I was NEVER updated. I was NEVER contacted. One evening after being on hold for WAY too long, I ended up being transferred to the Tech Dept.   I told the guy I didn't have a tech problem, but he still offered to help.  He was kind, understanding, respectful, apologetic, informative, and most importantly, he CARED and HELPED. He did what should have been done in the first place. In the end, Verizon took responsibility for their actions and approved my credit.  Did they apply my credit? No. And it wasn't a "wait for the next billing cycle" thing. If I hadn't called AGAIN my credit would've never been applied.  I did call the Tech Dept for help though. I explained I didn't have a tech problem and asked the guy if he was willing to help. He said yes. He was kind, understanding, respectful, apologetic, informative, and most importantly, he CARED and HELPED. He did what should have been done in the first place. He also looked over my account and was concerned I didn't have a protection plan. WHAT? I've ALWAYS had a protection plan. I would NEVER not have a protection plan. I guess in all the insanity my bill went to over $1800 and my protection plan was removed. NICE! Does this sound too crazy to be true? Yes. Is truth stranger than fiction? Yes. Does every recorded phone call, chat, text prove every word is true? Yes.         

Do you know people in the Tech Dept? Will you pass on a message? Two guys will know it's for them.  -Amigos, thank you for the help, kindness, and respect. I'll plant a coral for each of you. Tell your supervisor you earned a raise,  I insist.

Where do I send an invoice with the hours I spent fixing Verizon's mistake?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: To Whom it May Concern

Ann154
Expert

In all that, I'm not seeing where you mentioned exactly what caused the bill to increase so drastically. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

katiepie1

Oh, I didn't.  I moved to Mexico a year ago. A few months ago I called customer service to inquire about options that would lower my bill. I made it VERY clear I was living in Mexico, it was a conversation topic. The lady  said "yes! I can help" and put me on a plan that charged me roaming.

0 Likes
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

If you are living in Mexico, why not cancel your Verizon plan? Verizon has one of the most expensive international plans available.

Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

Honestly, I'm surprised Verizon Wireless hasn't dropped/canceled your service for excessive roaming. If you had been an AT&T customer, they would have dropped you for roaming after than 60 days on a foreign network. I've seen them do it for roaming domestically within the USA years ago.

I agree with rcschnoor, you should have switched to a local carrier shortly after moving to the new country. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes