Time to adapt

I've been a Verizon/Alltel/whoever it was before that customer for decades and can not believe how horrible a communication/tech company like Verizon has been at adapting to the changing business conditions this Pandemic has created.  What's worse is that you are completely unapologetic about your terrible service.   

Since the start of 2020 I have attempted to get new devices on 2 of my 5 lines.   I was finally successful at upgrading the first line after getting 3 different devices and investing approximately 24+ actual man hours of my own time on the phone and online chatting with customer service and driving back and forth to various Verizon stores, spread out over about 3 weeks back in March and April. 

Fast forward to the past week, and now I try to upgrade the second device but for almost a week 75% of the time that I try to get on the website it just fails and flashes some message saying the action can't be completed at this time, and constantly refreshes until I have to just close the window.  Then, the few times I have been able to get through and add the item I want to my cart the webpage tries to force me to upgrade my plan to one that is almost double what I pay right now for all of my devices.  So I try to chat with customer service reps and constantly am told that the wait time is far longer than I am willing to wait to give Verizon more of my money.  The one time I did finally get through to a rep who was able to get the order put together properly for me, I ask if there was any way the could waive the activation charge for the phone or the rush shipping charge(I was hoping to get an upgrade to my smartwatch before going out of town so I would have a back up in case of an emergency)  considering how much of my time had already been wasted trying to give them more of my business.  The reps answer was an immediate and firm "no unfortunately on my end there is nothing I can do about that charge.   So with that response I apologized to the rep for wasting their time since I'm sure it wasn't their fault that they couldn't help me out but had them cancel the order. 

I'm sorry I just have a huge issue with giving my hard earned money to a tech/communication company who is shutting their in person stores down during the pandemic, making access to decent customer service more difficult for the customer, and then failing to do anything to to improve your online or call center customer service any better. 

Besides why would I continue to pay Verizon prices for Verizon technology when their website won't even function properly 75% of the time. 

But seriously maybe if you are going to shut down stores, instead of putting those employees out of work you could at least keep them employed and have them cross-train to work virtually as more online customer service or something.   Because it seems to me if there is one business segment that should thrive and improve during a pandemic/quarantine period it would be a communications/tech company,  but it seems to me your getting worse instead. 

Re: Time to adapt

Customer Support

Thank you for bring this to our attention. We are saddened to hear you have gone through so much trouble to upgrade your devices. We want to make upgrading a fun and easy experience. We are always more more than happy to assist you with your upgrade. We will be sending you a Private Message, so we can continue. 

0 Likes

Maybe you should reflect and do the adapting. When I last updated two devices on my account, Verizon wasn't involved in either transaction. First was an unlocked Samsung S20 from Amazon and the other an unlocked Pixel 4a from Google. Both took the usual minutes to order as the typical online order does.

Because Verizon wasn't involved in either transaction, an upgrade fee wasn't applicable. There was no need to pressure Verizon reps to do something they can get in trouble for over.

0 Likes

They do need improvement with the customer service people

0 Likes

Novice

Unlike certain posters who are not only unsympathetic, but also not knowledgeable about what Verizon will and will not do for you, let me offer some advice...hopefully some of it helps.

Since you are having difficulty using your internet browser, try using a different browser.  Oftentimes that can make a huge difference.  Also, Verizon WILL reverse activation fees for longtime customers such as yourself.  That's a fact.  And  NO ONE gets in trouble for that, contrary to what someone else mentioned.  If you need to, ask for a supervisor/manager and they will reverse the charge.... that's 100%;  and why might they do that?  Because you are and have been a good customer!

However, you are right that Verizon's customer service has gone way downhill!!! I know... I've been a customer too long... I've seen the good times;  and lately, I've experienced the bad times with Verizon's Customer Service... even at the very highest levels of Verizon (Executive Vice President).  What they are putting out as "customer service" is atrocious!!!  And that's a fact!

Aside from Verizon's terrible customer service, hopefully you can get things straightened out a bit with the tips I provided.   Good luck!

0 Likes

Customer Support

I apologize for your negative feelings about our customer service, DMathews1.  I want to get more details about your concerns and appreciate you being a long time customer of ours. What exact issues are you having with us? Is there something I can help you with? Please send me a private message with some exact details so we can look into the negative areas and try to turn them into positive ones. 

Thanks,
Edwin_W VZWsupport

0 Likes