Highlighted

Re: Throttling on unlimited

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

@DONFOS90 wrote:

I guess I need my thesaurus.  you have to throttle someone to re-prioritize someone else.   and yes..  if you want a phone to actually use your service then you bill can get close to $200. 

OR you could purchase a less expensive phone OR purchase the phone separately from your bill OR wait until you can afford a new device. My bill is $200 for 4 lines with Beyond Unlimited. I don't have phone payments.

@DONFOS90 wrote:

My point being is you can't keep adding services called unlimited and prioritize all other data over the first one making it useless.  period, bottom line.

I have unlimited driving on the roads in the US. Guess what, at some times I have to drive more slowly due to traffic. Some areas are worse than others. Cellular service is no different. Only so much data can transfer thru the cellular towers at a time. If you choose the bargain basement GoUnlimited service, you will be prioritized behind others who do not choose to have those restrictions. There are tiers of service regardless what you purchase, not just cellular service.

Maybe your best choice is to switch carriers so you can complain about their restrictions on their lowest tier of service?

0 Likes

boringusername

@DONFOS90 wrote:

I guess I need my thesaurus.  you have to throttle someone to re-prioritize someone else.   and yes..  if you want a phone to actually use your service then you bill can get close to $200.   

My point being is you can't keep adding services called unlimited and prioritize all other data over the first one making it useless.  period, bottom line.

A) No 2 lines on Go is not going to br close to $200 to "just to use it. We have 4 lines on Go and including taxes and everythign we pay $227

B) Throttle is a permanent slow down of speed. Hotspot on Go is throttled since it's max of 600 Mbps regardless of congestion. Moible use it not since you maybe litterally be deprioritized for 5 seconds then back to normal speeds.

C) If you expect an unlimtied plan with no restrictions what so ever well that doesn't exist because no carreir has the capacity for such a plan. You think you have issues now. If Verizon had such a plan it would be 10X worse

Good luck at your new carrier

0 Likes

boringusername

@DONFOS90 wrote:

I know I bought the phones...  I can restate my same problem using the service cost portion if you like.

$130 dollars a month for two kids with data that is constantly reprioritized making basic task not go thru is not right.

if the only 2 lines are the kids how does this affect you?

0 Likes

mervin0587

My LTE has become so slow it's rediculous.  Even when i haven't reached my 22GB of high speed cap, i will be lucky to get 2.5mbpd before midnight.  It all started when i switched to an Unlimited plan.

DONFOS90

Remember how I said it was for basic services- locating their phone, txt messages going thru.   I can understand if I was complaining that I couldn't stream my HD movie in the backwoods of nowhereland.    The higher cost plans say they are for streaming video content.  If you want to pay extra for that go ahead.   I expect a basic level of service for $130 a month.

Verizon should ensure that their basic unlimited plan can handle the basic data traffic for all its subscribers.  This is not a bad cell location problem, this is throttle back some users because they are prioritizing others who pay more and I have a right to demand basic data on an unlimited data plan.

0 Likes