The downfall of Verizon's Customer Service in the last 3 years

jsweet7

I have been with Verizon for over 20 years, even before it was Verizon. From 2003-2011, you could call in any time to Verizon, not have to wait over 3 minutes, and people knew the product. Today, no one knows anything, and they read out of a computer, or transfer to someone else.  Then, when you go into the store, just to buy a "case" for example, you have to wait over a half an hour in any one store. It is like, you are in some kind of Bureaucratical, high security zone, just to buy a case or a cord.  Rediculous.   I dont mind paying the premium pricing they have, if they would just go back to the original customer service that they had. They were above reproach!  for many years.. Now they terrible worse than the cable companies, and most other utility processes.. The last 3 times I have called into verizon, over a 60 minute wait......  yes  60 minute wait on the phone.. why...........  The last time I went into a store, after being a customer for this long, waited and took over 1.5 hours... I could have bought a new car in that time.......    

Highlighted

Re: The downfall of Verizon's Customer Service in the last 3 years

Community Manager
Community Manager

jsweet7

First, we want to thank you for your loyalty of over 20 years. I am sorry if your recent experiences have been less than what you have come to expect and that you had to wait in line for that long to get serviced. We always appreciate customers who take the time to give us their feedback. I’ll pass what you’ve said onto our management team. Were there any issues you are having that we can lend a hand with?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

JeffcopMS

Customer service is non existent if you have something other than an basic question. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Tigerstep
Novice

The best phone in 2011 was the iPhone 4S. 4G on Verizon came out late 2010. The HUM didn't exist. iPad came out early 2010.

Of course things were different back in the day because you didn't have the same services to keep tabs on. Verizon had more centers open back then too. 

Personally haven't called Verizon in years because they give you the tools to do things yourself. 3 minutes or an hour hold time, no reason to even call in when you have control over your account. Unless it's a genuine billing error or promotion fall off, there isn't a reason to call. Don't need to wait an hour for a stranger to Google something for me.

0 Likes