Highlighted

Text message pictures being deleted

DMGMRUS

I'm getting very frustrated. When I check my text messages to look at a picture that I sent or a picture that was sent to me I find that they have been deleted from my messages. Where do they go? Why are they being removed? And what can I do to stop this?. I do not like that my messages are being messed with and I do not have control over this how do I stop it

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Text message pictures being deleted

Community Manager
Community Manager

DMGMRUS- Making sure you have full control of what you want to see in your text messages is a must. Allow us to further investigate your concern. Can you please provide us with the make/ model of your device? Also, are you using the messaging application that came with your phone?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

WAKKOBUT

I'm having the same issue. I have a Motorola Droid MAXX 2. Pretty sure it started happening about 3 or 4 months ago.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

WAKKOBUT

Help is here! We want to make sure that these texts don’t disappear on you at all. Let’s gather some other clues to this mystery. What text app are you using? (The message app that comes with the phone or Verizon Messages+?) Do the pictures from the text just disappear or does the actually text content (words) delete as well?

AliciaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes

Rios831

I am having the same problem. Moto z Force, using the Verizon messages+ app. It is very frustrating!

0 Likes

Rios831

The picture and any words sent along with the picture are disappearing

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Rios831,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We certainly want to make sure that your concerns are being addressed. Did you complete any software updates prior to this happening?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Rios831

Yes, I think I did install an update before this started happening. The

very odd thing is that it only deletes pictures from one or two threads and

leaves pictures from other text conversations alone.

Thanks for your help.

On Jun 25, 2017 6:18 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We appreciate the additional details Rios831. We definitely want to continue working towards a resolution. I know you mentioned you installed an update before this started happening. Was this an update to the software on your device or an update to the actual messaging app on your phone? Since it is only happening with certain threads, have you tried deleting those threads from the device and starting new ones to see if the issue continues?

RashadM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

JEFCON52

Same issue, although it appears there is no resolution moto Z Droid I use my phone for business and this is getting to be a real pain in the rear, I cleared the cache checked the settings no luck random deletion of pics and associated message

0 Likes