Highlighted

Terrible Customer Service

Marty516

I have been a Verizon Wireless User for over 20 years.  The quality of the customer service has been a reason why I haven't switched to more reasonably priced competitors.  Recently, it has become almost impossible to talkto a live agent.

While scheduling a payment, I was unable to change the payment date to the due date.   It provided no Error Message.  Interesting, it permitted me to change it to a date beyond the due date (the beginning of next month).

I called customer service and was informed of long wait times.  I requested a call back and never received it.  I tried live chat, and after getting through invalid automated responses, was told to wait for a live agent.

I realize that the goal is to reduce cost by providing automated answers.  However, the implementation of this goal is unprofessional, poorly tested, and only serves to frustrate the customer.

It doesn't really matter if I made my payment today or at the due date.   What matters is that the screens do not work properly and it is impossible to reach a live human being.  You have given up one of the advantages that you have over your competition. 

0 Likes

Re: Terrible Customer Service

Community Manager
Community Manager

Marty516,

We appreciate every single day of your 20 years of business with us. It's truly disheartening to learn that you've experienced such difficulty in reaching us. We know the importance of being able to speak to a live representative. Regrettably, we have been a bit busier than expected which is causing a delay in reaching us. Our sincere apologies for the wait times. We appreciate your time in providing this feedback to us. Feedback such as yours helps us to understand what is working well and where we need to make improvements.

I want to be as helpful as possible by advising that our payment arrangement options are geared towards payments that will be made after the due date. This is why the dates listed only showed available dates for after the due date. Here's a link that provides the details and options for future payments: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/promise-to-pay-faqs/ . Please be sure to let us know if additional assistance is needed. 

TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes

Tigerstep
Novice

Why not sign up for autopay? Promise to pays are meant to be if you *can't* pay on the due date. Making a payment from the app takes less than a minute with a few taps if you must pay manually.

With less agents now than there used to be, customers are causing other customers to wait longer because they aren't taking advantage of self serve options.

0 Likes

Marty516

This did not involve a promise to pay.  It was to schedule a payment.  I attemped to schedule the payment on the due date of December 17.  This is a function that I routinely used when scheduling  payments  in the past.  It would not accept a modification for any day in December.  It however, permitted modification to January 1 through January 4.  No error message was displayed.  In reality it did not really matter much if I payed the bill on January 7th (the date I first attemped to schelule the payment) or the due date of January 17th.

I called to determine if I was doing something incorrectly in entering the transaction.   I made multiple attempts to call.  It appears that the programming of the payment screen is poorly  executed.  In addition, the multitude automated texts and notications sent from "My Verison" are often confusing and illogical.  I currently continue to receive repeated notications that say "Pay Now to continue with your payment or payment arra..." even though the bill is paid.  If I click on this it brings me to a screen that confirms that the bill is paid.  This is hardly a useful communication.   These functions could use analysis and a re-work.

Aside from my frustration with the functionality of the payment screen, the inability of a customer to contact a live agent either by phone or live chat is inexcusable.    You may be "busy",  but you have an obligation to be responsive to customers.

I am a Verizon customer for two reasons: the quality of the network and excellent customer service.  There appears to be a significant reduction in the quality of the customer service that I have received recently.  It also appears that your efforts to automate customer interactions need work.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Your feedback and input are important, Tigerstep. We have many convenient ways to make a payment for any customers that experience problems with one system. Please click on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pay-bill-faqs/ for all the options. Here is another website https://ebillpay.verizonwireless.com/cws/viewLogin.action#/payments  to use to pay the bill without signing in to an online account.

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes