Terrible 4G LTE speeds after switching to Unlimited plan.

I have been with Verizon for 18 years and switched to the Unlimited Plan last month. Apparently that was a mistake. We barely get 4G anymore and when we do its so slow. What is the problem Verizon. I do not want to switch carriers but Im at the point where I cant even use my phone to look on the internet or check mail. My zipcode is 77612

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Terrible 4G LTE speeds after switching to Unlimited plan.

Sr. Leader

If you switched to the unlimited plan last month, you had to choose between the GoUnlimited and BeyondUnlimited plans. Did you go with the less expensive of the 2 plans or did you go with the one which was more expensive. The less expensive plan can limit the speed of your data at ANY time depending on the amount of traffic on the tower to which you are connecting. The more expensive plan will only limit the speed of your data depending on the amount of traffic on the tower to which you are connecting AFTER you have already used 22 GB of data in your billing cycle. Did you try to save money by going with the less expensive plan? If so, this is likely the reason why your data speed is so slow.

Additionally with the less expensive plan, the data speed is limited to 3G speed of 600 Kbps instead of 4G LTE speeds for any hotspot usage. With the more expensive plan, you are allowed 15 GB of 4G LTE speeds before being limited to 600 Kbps for the remainder of your billing cycle for any hotspot usage.

I switched to the unlimited plan last month, too, however I went with the more expensive BeyondUnlimited plan due to these restrictions. I have not noticed any reduction in my data speed since I made this switch.

Covid19