Highlighted

Re: Taking advantage of Verizon Edge while still under contract?

I'm still not sure I understand how the VZW position helps VZW. I am a customer with only a few months on my phone. I am not in the market for a new phone yet, but I expect I will probably be eying a new phone about 8-12 months into my contract. At that point, I would be happy to pay the remaining amount on my ETF and get on an Edge plan. However, from what I see here, that is not an option. Why not? If I go to another carrier, I can pay VZW the balance of the ETF and jump on that other carrier's equivalent plan. It seems like VZW is telling its customers *who want to stay* that they should jump ship to another carrier, rather than simply taking the ETF money directly from us and selling us a new phone.

Or am I misunderstanding it? What are my options if I want to jump early if I'm on a standard contract?

0 Likes
Highlighted

If you terminate your current contract, you CAN sign up for Edge. You just can't join Edge while your currently under contract unless you are one of the lucky few who still has an early upgrade, like I was.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

josh995 wrote:

If you terminate your current contract, you CAN sign up for Edge.

Not sure why this would be the case. It has always been Verizon's policy if you terminate your contract and then resign with Verizon within 60 days, your old contract was just reinstated. Unless this policy has changed, terminating your contract and then resigning would STILL make you ineligible for the Edge program because you would once again STILL be under contract.

0 Likes
Covid19