Taking advantage of Verizon Edge while still under contract?

josh995

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but here goes...

Alright, my upgrade is going to be available on August 12th. However, my contract doesn't end until December 12th.

My question is, will I be able to take advantage of the new Verizon Edge in when it becomes available in August, and finish the ~4 months left on my contract and then be considered month to month, or will I have to wait until December, when my contract ends?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Taking advantage of Verizon Edge while still under contract?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question josh995! You can take advantage of the Verizon Edge when you are eligible on August 12th. At this time, you would need to accept the Terms & Conditions of the Verizon Edge program. Here is more information: http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/07/edge-device-payment-early-upgrade.html

Thank you,

Lena_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question josh995! You can take advantage of the Verizon Edge when you are eligible on August 12th. At this time, you would need to accept the Terms & Conditions of the Verizon Edge program. Here is more information: http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/07/edge-device-payment-early-upgrade.html

Thank you,

Lena_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

mcbrian79

Will I be able to join the Edge program when it starts if my contract/upgrade date (they have been moved to the same date) is in Feb 2014?  or will I have to wait until Feb?

Thank you

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

mcbrian79 wrote:

Will I be able to join the Edge program when it starts if my contract/upgrade date (they have been moved to the same date) is in Feb 2014?  or will I have to wait until Feb?

Thank you

According to what Lena said above, you have to wait until you are eligible to upgrade, which would be February 2014.

0 Likes

B33
Sr. Leader

That is Unless you decide to Early Terminate the Contract your currently On which can Cost up to $350 dollars)  But you could then move to VZ Edge.. b33 

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

VZ Edge program is only available to customers under the Share Everything plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mcbrian79,

The new Verizon Wireless Edge program is exciting! I know how important it is to have all the details to make sure you qualify. You can sign up for the Edge program news here http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/devices/edge.html .
Thanks for your interest!

PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes

Sandcrab3

I'm not sure if I understand the answer to to original post, or a later one.

My phone would have been eligible for upgrade in Oct or Nov. Then, when Verizon extended the time to the full 24 months of my contract (of which I didn't have any say in, and when I signed up, I was supposed to be eligible for an early upgrade).

My contract is now up on 2/22/14.

Since I now have more than 1/2 of my commitment paid for, will I be eligible for Edge when it comes available on 8/25? I think this would only be fair since Verizon would not only be getting the price of my monthly Share Everything, they would also be getting the price of the new phone on top of it.

In other words, will current contract customers be eligible for Edge if 1/2 of their current contract has been fulfilled?

0 Likes

B33
Sr. Leader

That's because they Removed all the Early upgrades) my one Line was to come up about the Same time as your's Sandcrab and now it's slated for Feb. my second Line Jun of 2014 and

0 Likes

Sandcrab3

Yeah, I felt that it was promising you one thing to get you to switch carriers, then changing the rules. Sprint didn't do that with me. It would be nice if Verizon would throw us a bone on the Edge as they would still be winning (since they aren't reducing the monthly fee like T-Mobile did).

0 Likes