Highlighted

Re: Taking advantage of Verizon Edge while still under contract?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Bubbabilyeu,

I read you loud and clear. Ultimately, we have all of these options in place for just that reason. We want to express options! And whether you're new, halfway through your existing agreement, or nearing the end of your contract, we hope that either Verizon Edge, the device payment program (which Nick highlighted), or using the standard upgrade, suits you.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

moentrol

i just went through and upgraded to edge. my upgrade date was 9-2014. but i still had the option online to upgrade at full price. when choosing to upgrade at full price it still gives the option of choosing edge instead of just a lump sum. The customer service rep i worked with in chat didnt know why it was allowing me to go through the process but it did. I had already been in to a local vzw store and told i wasnt upgrade eligible. I am thinking that since you are upgrading at FULL PRICE with edge (just not a lump sum) we are always upgrade eligible in that sense. But i just did it........

only worked online though. i dont think they has been any formal training with employees on this yet but apparently the computer system allows it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Carrie2

That is exactly why I posted on here. I came on the VW website to find out what the retail price would be to get a new phone. Mine needs replaced badly but not worth paying the insurance deductible to get another one. I logged in under my account and it said "full price" but when i clicked on the phone, it gave me the option to join the Edge program. I had never heard of the program. In researching it, I landed on this discussion where it says you are only able to choose the edge program if you are eligible for your regular upgrade (Not sure I understand why someone would want to make payments on the retail price of a phone if you are eligible to get the phone at the upgrade discounted price- You still have to sign another contract right?) But the website was allowing me to do it. I didn't want to chose that option, get the phone and when they realized I was not eligible, get a bill for $600!!! Strange that the website is allowing it....

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

michaeljtimko

The only problem is that if you are an existing customer (who wishes to  keep an unlimited data plan), you are giving us "NO" options.  You  expect us to pay full price for phones if we wish to keep our unlimited  plans.  On the other hand, T-Mobile has unlimited data and the Jump  program and they let customers with unlimited data participate.  Come on  Verizon... be fair to us to.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

There is light at the end of the tunnel,michaeljtimko.  We do have the option to keep unlimited if you buy the phone at retail price. We understand not everyone wants to give up over $500 at a time which is why the device installment plan will also work. You keep your plan while paying off the phone of your dreams. http://bit.ly/12OcQ3y

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

The edge program is awesome Carrie@99. I can understand the confusion of being eligible and then receiving an error messaging while processing your upgrade. I'm sorry you had issues with processing your upgrade online. Here is some information about the edge program http://vz.to/1dG4Hpu . We can also let you know if you qualify. What error message did the website give you? I look forward to hearing from you.

KInquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Carrie2

I did NOT get an error message. The website was going to allow me to choose verizon edge. In my research, I found that I am NOT eligible. My current contract is not up until July.. but the website allowed me to choose verizon edge all the way through the "upgrade" process. I chose to cancel the transaction when I realized I was NOT eligible...  It seems strange that the website is allowing people who do not qualify to sign up.... I still have my original phone as I do not want VW to realize later that I m not qualified and charge me one lump amount for the retail price of the phone... Confusing! Lol

0 Likes
Highlighted

ashtontr

You have to have an active phone number for at least 30 days though.. If you were to just pay the ETF and start a new contract.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am so sorry for the confusion! We always want it to be easy to do business with us. Please feel free to reach out here if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

michaeljtimko

Its nice that you think its an option, but its not really an option.  You throw us long standing account holders a bone and then you guys get a warm, fuzzy feeling that you've been helpful.

Your helpfulness is that reason that my last two phones came from the open market instead of a Verizon Wireless store.  I was able to get a much better deal and some nice accessories and all for less than the retail price of the phone.

I stay with Verizon because they have good coverage, but if Verizon does not change their ways and start treating us legacy account holders with some respect, then I just might JUMP(tm) ship when my wife contract cycles next year.

One way to prove your loyalty to those of us that have been with you the longest would be allow us to participate in the Edge program.

0 Likes