Re: Taking advantage of Verizon Edge while still under contract?

B33
Sr. Leader

Well what's a Double Razr for me is I'm on Unlimited Plans and if I wanted to use VZ Edge i would have to Drop my Unlimited Go on the Share Everything just to use VZ Edge.  And as i mentioned I have Grandfathered Unlimited plans to keep them and get a new Like the new Moto X that is Coming out I have to Pay full Nelly or Drop them and go Share every thing.. I'm not doing that..

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Sandcrab3,  I understand the desire to stay updated with the latest technology as the industry is rapidly evolving! A line must be currently eligible for an upgrade to participate in the Edge program. We certainly want to offer you a consistent wireless experience.  Our Device Payment Plan is currently available to take advantage of now. http://vz.to/ZILXBT

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes

michaeljtimko

I'm right there with you.

First Verizon tells us that to keep our unlimited data we have to pay full price for our phones. 

Next they create a program that would appear created for us longevity account and then they don't invite us to the party.

I don't get it... just what does Verizon have against us?  T-Mobile still offers unlimited data and now they offer the Jump plan.  "THEY" also allow their unlimited data plan holders to participate in the program.

Verizon makes billions in profits every quarter.  There not hurting for money like some companies,  so it must be personal.

0 Likes

Carrie2

So let me get this right.... I've been with Verizon and had my current phone for over a year. I'm not eligible for upgrade until July 2014... So I do not qualify until then. But if I were a new customer, I would qualify for a phone now and again in 6months and again in 6months.... So new customers can conceivably upgrade 3 times before a current loyal customer can upgrade once....

Highlighted

HappyHelper

New customers didn't agree to fulfill a 2 year contract like you did.

Sandcrab3

I usually remain on the quiet side for the most part, but I have to

speak up on this. Verizon's attitude is unbelievable on this. You are

right. We did sign a 2 year contract. However, we signed a 2 year

contract with the promise that we could upgrade early at the 20 month

mark. Then, during the contract, VZW changed our early upgrade date to

'agree with the expiration date of our contract', thus at the 24 month mark.

Now, this is how greedy that VZW is, and how much disregard they have

for their customers. They have about a $20/month amount built into the

monthly plans to subsidize the phones that we made a down payment

(usually about 1/2 the full price of the better phones). If someone

elects to go EDGE, they still collect this $20/month PLUS the full price

of the phone. They aren't willing to give up that $20 profit of someone

going EDGE while still under contract. I say VZW is greedy because

T-Mobile is giving a break to someone that elects to join their JUMP

plan. And there are NO up front costs at present. I believe that the

only way that VZW is surviving and taking advantage of people is because

they have the best coverage. I do believe that this will change, and

that they may have to change the way that they treat their customers at

some point, or lose a LOT of their customer base. Time will tell, but

most of their current customers have a long memory of when they feel

they aren't treated fairly. So, yes, we DID sign a contact, and I'm 19

months into it!!! I will have options.

josh995

Exercise your options you said you have. Terminate your contract and switch carriers. You're not going to get any better customer service. I've had all 4 of the major carriers. They're all horrible when it comes to customer service.

If you don't like the way Edge works, don't sign up for it. That's all that needs to be said about that.

0 Likes

Bubbabilyeu

Its kind of odd that verizon wants a customer that is eligible for an upgrade to pay full price for a phone when that same customer could pay the discounted price.Whereas a customer like myself who has beeen under contract for less than 6 months could most certainly benefit from the edge plan.I would be more than willing to pay for a phone over two years as would most people who are a long way from upgrade.That is really the only complaint i have about verizon at this time.

0 Likes

Bubbabilyeu

Its kind of odd that verizon wants a customer that is eligible for an upgrade to pay full price for a phone when that same customer could pay the discounted price.Whereas a customer like myself who has beeen under contract for less than 6 months could most certainly benefit from the edge plan.I would be more than willing to pay for a phone over two years as would most people who are a long way from upgrade.That is really the only complaint i have about verizon at this time.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Bubbabilyeu,

I understand your concern and appreciate your feedback.  When a customer is upgrade eligible they do have the option to choose between upgrading at the discounted pricing or using our brand new Edge program.  If you upgrade at the two year pricing you will start a two year agreement and your upgrade date will be on the end of that two year agreement.  If you utilize the Edge program you are eligible to purchase a new phone and start a new payment plan after 6 months if 50% of the balance is paid off.

The reason a customer under agreement is not able to use edge is because they are agreeing to a special two year payment plan.  You must finish your current agreement before you start another one.

If you are under agreement and are looking at a new phone, you may qualify for our device payment program, which spreads the payments over 12 months.  Visit http://bit.ly/11uYaHJ for additional details.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes