Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Switching to New Verizon Plans & Upgrading phone

ppb1186

Under the new Verizon plans I would save money, compared to my current More Everything plan.  I can switch to the new plan right now, if i would like.

I can currently upgrade my phone, but am going to wait until Saturday to get the iPhone 6S.

My questions is: Should I switch my plan before upgrading my phone or after?  Or does it not matter at all what order i do it in?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Switching to New Verizon Plans & Upgrading phone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi pb1186!
As a consumer I realize the importance of saving money! You are able to change you plan at anytime. A plan change will not affect your upgrade eligibility.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

hondagirl0423

I just ran into this... The only way the order matters is if you are not making your plan change effective today.  For instance, I changed my plan 2 weeks ago and made if effective on the first day of next billing cycle so I didnt have to worry about pro-ration or anything. I then went to upgrade my phone and it said I couldn't do it on my own because I had a change pending. I would have had to call and have them cancel the plan change, upgrade my phone, then add the plan change again. I hope that makes sense to you.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Remember, while you can upgrade on contract, you have a $40 upgrade fee and a line access charge of $40 (before discounts if any) and if you upgrade your plan will change since the More Everything plan is no longer available.  If you are out of contract, then switching plans is available whenever you like and you can just purchase the new phone on a Device Payment Plan when the phone is available.

0 Likes