Highlighted

Switch done by Verizon Store to Edge Plan

This morning I upgraded two of my Verizon phones at a discounted price.  I have an older family plan that includes an upgrade for agreeing to a new two year contract.  I upgraded both phones online and marked one for "in store pickup" for my son as he lives 30 miles away.  I paid for it on my credit card.  The other upgrade is being sent to my house.  

I got the notification that my phone was ready for the in store pickup so I told my son who went to the store to get the new phone.  I got a call from the sales person at the store saying that he wasn't on my account and I needed to give him permission to pick up the phone.  The sales person texted me a 6 digit code that I read back to him over the phone. My son left with the phone and all seemed fine until he told me there would be a $20 a month charge on my bill for the phone with some sort of rebate. This seemed "fishy" to me so I called Verizon customer service who informed me that my son's phone number had been switched to the new "edge" plan.  Aparently the sales person wrote up a new order for the phone with the "edge" plan that was going to charge us $500 for the phone (vs $140 for the discounted upgrade).  WTF!  The customer service person said that since the phone was within the 14 day period it could be returned for a refund.  I had my son do this at the store and told them to go back to the original order. We got credit for the $500 and my son left with the same phone. It really upsets me that the store would do such a thing.  My guess is that they have some sort of commision incentive to sign people up for the edge plan which is why the pulled this stunt.  If I had waited for my first bill to arrive to notice this deceit it would have been beyond the 14 day window and I would have had a very hard time trying to fix this. Just thought the rest of you should be aware of this lowlife tactic.

I'll be watching my bill to ensure it is accurate.   

Labels (1)
0 Likes