Highlighted

Sub Account Issue

jc1990

Hello,

I'm writing to ask for a second opinion on an issue I'm currently having.

The long and short of it is, I'm an account holder with a sub account who has not paid his bills. To make matters worse, the person in question has also disappeared from the face of the Earth and run away, leaving his job, apartment lease, everything. Not a very nice thing to do, to say the least.

Today I receive a letter in the mail addressed to him from a debt collector on behalf of Verizon Wireless for the amount, I'm guessing, he hasn't paid. I immediately contacted the collecting firm and told them he does not live at this address, never has, nor do I have a good forwarding address he went to. Quite honestly, I'd like to know where he moved to as I have a few things I need to ask him (putting it politely) they notified the change in their system and assured me I'd not hear from them again. OK fine.

I then contacted Verizon to let them know what happened. Customer service was very friendly. I just wanted reassurance that I'd not have to worry about this. My account is in good standing, as it has been for years. She told me that the holder of the sub account is solely responsible for their billing, not me, and that I have no need for concern. That said, I would just like to simply confirm this with the community before I take further action, if necessary.

He's been gone for several months now and have not had any issues with my account during this time, and so I'd like to think that if there was a problem that would affect my account, it would have occurred by now. I should also point out that I don't receive his bills, and never have - so there's that. Even so, I'd just like to be sure!

Thank you, and have a great day!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Sub Account Issue

naansalad

if account is under you name and ssn the sorry to say you are responsible for that bill.

so please don't take this issue as joke either find that person to collect that bill or you have to pay it .Either way V want their bill paid anyhow.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am very sad to hear about this situation jc1990. While naansalad is absolutely correct, I would like to be a fresh pair of eyes on this end of the keyboard for you. I have sent you a private message in our forums, once I get your reply we can work together on this.

http://spr.ly/6581Bek7U
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

jc1990

Thank you for your informative reply, naansalad.

While I fear you might be right, I remember he had his own MyVerizon login which he had to create. I believe he had to share his SSN at time of creating his account. I've had no access to his billing or payments, so this is honestly the first time I'm hearing about this.

Bryan,
I appreciate your support - I have written to you via Private Message, and pending your response - I'd like to look at the account also. Thank you.

0 Likes

XTREMESTAR21

Jc1990, may I ask what the status or resolution of this post came out to be for I am in the same situation now my sub account holder ran up the bill to what day collections is telling me $1,400 total plus some I was never contacted about the account being late or delinquent or service being shut off until collections was then notified and they notified me I was also told by Verizon that my sub account holder would be solely responsible and it would not affect my account or me at all I don't understand how they can ask for such a large amount of money when they made no effort to collect anything from me on behalf of this sub account in the beginning of it being late or delinquent there was a restraining order in place between me and the sub account holder long after the account was setup so I had no knowledge that it wasn't being paid I too do not receive bills and it did not show on my account that it was late or delinquent but now I'm stuck paying for this whole bill I'm a single mom with 2 jobs and sure as hell can't afford it right now the people I talk to on Verizon's end we're rude and and very flippant about the situation they can really care less so can you please tell me what your outcome was with this situation so I may have some feedback on what to do with mine thank you

0 Likes

JONSEY57

This sounds like my nightmare..I had a number that I wasn't using so I let my, at the time, "step-son" take it and he had it under a sub-account. He lived and received his bills in South Caroling and I live in New York State.

Years later, his mother and I were going through a divorce and he decided to stop paying his bill..think he might have switched carriers..his delinquent bills were going to his South Carolina address and I was receiving absolutely no notification that he was late. Even though my plan was smooth sailing for close to 30 years. That is until I received a Verizon collection notice from my Credit Reporting Site. I immediately contacted the Collection Agency and paid off the balance. Only to find that now this delinquency was reported to the credit agencies and now I show up as a dead beat for the next 7 years. If I had been notified of this I would have taken care of it and it would never have gone that far. I value my good credit but now Verizon has tarnished it because I "Fell through the cracks". And they say that there's nothing they can do..I would think that something could be done for a long term Verizon customer that has always paid their bills..ON TIME when all this was not their fault!

0 Likes

Kat72

I had one created WITHOUT my permission by someone who worked at a car dealership I had applied for financing at.  Verizon never contacted me about opening the account in the first place and yet they opened the account, gave this person 3 iPhones and 2 HUM devices, sent the bills to their address but when they stopped paying, put it on my credit report and will not allow me to exchange my phone or add anyone to my account until it is paid.  I have reported it to the fraud department, sent them copies of the police report, contacted a private lawyer and still Verizon has offered NOTHING in return for creating this problem to begin with.  Verizon added this person's address and 2 ssn's to my credit report when they left disparaging remarks.  They KNOW who it is and where they are.  They will NOT release this information to me, however, "because it is a privacy issue".  So where was the concern for privacy when someone stole from me?  I do not have any utilities in my name so I can not provide a bill with such, nor do I have a lease or rental agreement.  I live with my partner in a house that they own.  Nothing is in my name but my phone.  It disgusts me how much this company is doing to protect the thief that owes them money more than the 3+ year customer who has NOT ONCE been late paying her bill!!

0 Likes

deloused

That sounds pretty shady. How do you know it was someone from the car dealership you went to that did it when Verizon won’t release any of the details to you?

0 Likes