Streaming Verizon Fios. Is it free?
BELMAB53
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you stream Verion Fios on the Fios TV app without using up data allowances?     In the past, it was completely free to stream and it did not eat up your data. I want to know if Verizon changed their policy for this. I ran out of data from watching Fios.

Labels (1)
Re: Streaming Verizon Fios. Is it free?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BELMAB53, thank you so much for submitting this question today. Being able to have enough data to last all month is very important. You can stream your favorite Fios shows, now worry-free. If you are both a Fios and Verizon Wireless customer you can now stream content in the Fios app on your smartphone or tablet without using wireless data. If you have Unlimited data usage will count towards the 22 GB threshold before your data may be deprioritized.

Are you on one of the tiered data plans? Or do you have one of our Unlimited Data Plans? Please keep me posted.

Kevin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

phanhung
Enthusiast - Level 1

[TV] SAMSUNG LED40

0 Likes
krupanator

what about people in California where Verizon FIOS became Frontier communications?

0 Likes
sjhess0510
Enthusiast - Level 2

Question 1:

What if I am on a tiered data plan (12G), am I able to stream videos through the Verizon Fios app without it affecting my data balance? 

Question 2:

Also, I read that there are other apps that Verizon will not charge any data to use yet I can never find a list of these apps anywhere.  Could you confirm if that is true and please make it clear which specific apps that are not charged data to stream?  Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! Tiered data plans will also get the benefit of using the Verizon FIOS app data-free, just ensure your app is up to date. We no longer offer apps that are data-free besides the Verizon FIOS app. Does this information help clarify your concern?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes