Highlighted

Stop ripping people off!!!!

Why do I feel like I'm getting ripped off! How is it that I have gone over my data limit four times with no change in the way I use my data? I have wifi at my job, my home, and my gym. I've even been turning my mobile data off lately, and somehow my data is still being drained. Verizon you should be ashamed! I want my money back now!!!!

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Stop ripping people off!!!!

Check the data usage app on your smartphone as well as the usage reported on the My Verizon website and see if there are any glaring discrepancies with what Verizon Wireless is billing you.

The information shown at My Verizon is a basic breakdown/catagorization of data usage. Your phone's breakdown should be a bit more detailed.

Highlighted

You feel like you're getting ripped off, because you ARE getting ripped off. Verizon's FCC complaints are up tenfold in recent months (Verizon's billing issues spur large spike in FCC complaints | cleveland.com​ ).

I think their strategy has been to 1) eliminate all grandfathered "unlimited data" plans, 2) speed up their network, especially in data-intensive applications (video, etc.) -- the goal being "use as much data as possible," and giving users no livable way to throttle data 3) Gouge the heck out of people by herding them into more expensive data plans.

We've got three devices on Verizon. I'll be pulling two of them soon, if this doesn't change.

Highlighted

I have the same issue, up until August I barely used 10% of my 1 gig of data, now since I changed my phone to a Samsung S7 my data is piling up like crazy and I'm not doing anything different.  I'm also shutting off data, but I'm still over! I'm going to go to the store and find out what's going on tomorrow.. This is not right!

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

jillybeancupcake wrote:

I have the same issue, up until August I barely used 10% of my 1 gig of data, now since I changed my phone to a Samsung S7 my data is piling up like crazy and I'm not doing anything different. I'm also shutting off data, but I'm still over! I'm going to go to the store and find out what's going on tomorrow.. This is not right!

When you switched phones did your apps start downloading before  you connected to your wifi network? That could use a LOT of data.

Highlighted

The Data Utilization graph for my JetPack is showing just three of the usual ten categories with a total of just 26% of total Usage.  One of these is 'Games' which are not, and never have loaded on this laptop.  Video is 23% and the only thing close to video use this month is the stupid pop-up animations. 

I always do my Windows updates on coffee shop or library wireless.  A long term chat ten days ago did indicate that if somebody sends me something that has been stored up in the 'Clouds' that is a 'Usage' for me.  I do a lot of wandering around Google Earth with lots of files for birding, bench-marking and plotting Dick Francis novel locations (just found the Ridgeway Trail in Great Britain).

Might have to go back to when I swore many years ago that I would never give Verizon a nickle after one of their tower site recon teams destroyed several klicks of skate cross-country ski trail that I had groomed in perfect snow conditions the day before.  They got fined by the Forest Service and my ski club got reimbursed several hundred dollars.

A limited carry-over/overage policy for my stand alone air-card would make me a much happier camper.

LIMAWHISKEYTANGOMIKETANGO

0 Likes
Highlighted

Same here. I just switched to the new "Small plan" today. My mobile data has been off all day. My phone says I've only used 355 MB during this billing cycle. However, Verizon is telling me that I've used almost 4 GB and they're charging me $30 in overages. If this is not corrected, I will cancel my service with Version and go with another carrier, regardless of what fees I'll have to pay to get out.

Highlighted

VIDEO IS NOW AT 25%!  With just two other categories shown for a total 28%.  Where, Oh Where, is the other 72%.

And I'm pretty sure that this message,and any interrogation of Data Usage , for that matter, is costing me G's.

LIMAWHISKEYTANGOMIKETANGO

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

If your phone shows a significant difference from Verizon, take screen shots and complain.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Verizon is not an accurate record of data use.  The only accurate record of data use is on your phone.

Please look in settings on your phone, under data usage.

This shows total use and use by application.  Android lists apps by highest volume.  Apple lists alphabetically.  Go through everything if you have an iPhone, including 'system' at the bottom.

0 Likes