Highlighted

Stay connected

Has anyone experienced having a fully paid bill, and then being enrolled in this stay connected thing. So your phones are technically in collections, they didn’t ask to enroll me, I got enrolled, and now I can’t upgrade devices, I can even get my broken iPad insurance I pay for every month replaced. Which I pay 50 a month for. The only way I can get my phones out of collections now, even though my bill was fully paid! I can’t upgrade my phones nothing. They said I could pay 280 a month instead of 435 a month. But if I pay the 280 it’s technically in collections? Am I going to owe the device payments later or are those device contracts extending because of the deferral of the payments I’m making on the phones. 
I didn’t get a choice. 
I said I didn’t want to be on stay connected and I want to be on the contract I’ve been on where I can upgrade replace device if needed. And I’m told I have to pay My bill 14 days early In order to get off the stay connected thing? Or I’m going to have to pay 435 on July 23rd the full amount even though I don’t have all those services that I normally have? 
Im seriously debating about calling my lawyer or broadcasting this on the news? 
someone who’s been paying using there pandemic money for the bills I needed to pay, and now I’m getting downgraded services put into collections WITHOUT CHOICE. Or having to pay a bill in full, wait a month and not receive those services. Or accept the stay connected program for a cheaper bill that I don’t know will extend my contract, owe the payments at the end etc.

strong arming someone for sure.

anyone who has experienced this please contact me, email [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] 

This is not right. 

Highlighted

Re: Stay connected

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am sorry for the situation as we want to see you have the best experience with us. We should have offered more informtion about the program and provided you a choice since your bill was current. I have sent a Private Note so we can discuss your account options further.  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Apparently, I was also enrolled in this program. I was not aware of any of the collections. I have been trying to pay my July bill but, there does not appear to be a bill available. It doesnt even say when my next bill will be generated. I would prefer to pay my regular bill for regular services as well. 

Highlighted

Thanks customer support, 

I have been on hold for 20 minutes to have this garbage resolved. 

Highlighted

Me too (you described my situation identically, thanks for confirming I'm no longer crazy).

• Agree with your frustration. Enrolled and never asked for it. 
  • When I look at my next bill it wants to charge me for 1 of 6 payments for "relief" I was never even given on a bill. My bill remained current too.
  • I was told to call the Finance Department by chat agent the other night. Warning: all they can do is unenroll you, but they cannot view your bill or ensure that you won't be charged the amount for the deferred service balance.
  • When i try to call customer support, they point me to the chat agent, but the chat agent (as you discovered) tells you that your account is in collections.
  • Its an endless circular reference. 
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

sdraper12,

Dealing with a change in the billing that you might not have even requested doesn't appeal to me either, and I'd be looking for options as well. To investigate this further, I sent you a Private Note. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am enrolled in the stay connected deferred payment and idk why or how it’s a load of garbage I have been on autopay all year and haven’t missed a payment now I’m in collections for no reason when I let y’all auto draft every month this is stupid and it needs to be fixed I didn’t ask nor want this option and I refuse to pay 6 installment fees of 258 dollars that would be stupid to do when I already pay my bill on time and have been for years 

Highlighted

I am so annoyed at this whole thing!  I have been on hold forever, spoke to two reps and told them I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS!  They said they would unenroll me, but I'm still in collections after days of going back and forth!  I DO NOT need this!  I have paid my bill on time and would still like to do so.  It's completely infuriating that I wait forever to speak to someone after navigating through the insane prompts that spin you in circle and then after finally speaking with someone that this mess is still on my account!!  This really shouldn't be so hard Verizon!!  Maybe install an option on our home page to OPT OUT!!!? 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

huskey43,

Having to make payments for amounts that you didn't want to pay isn't an ideal scenario for anyone, so I'm glad you're reaching out to get this addressed and corrected. I want to dig into this concern for the Stay Connected program for you. Please respond to my Private Note at your earliest convenience. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I was on hold/ made calls for over two hours!! I can’t believe the customer service than I even had an agent lie to me saying it would all be back to normal by July 7th. Which was Lie because it’s not back to normal and now pretty much I have to wait until the 23rd. We will see if that was a lie a too. I just don’t think I should have to pay a full bill for services that are not the same. I should get a discounted bill for this month of inconvenience and then it should go back to normal. I think it’s ridiculous how no one is trained on this new stay connected thing, lying about it, etc. Verizon still hasn’t settled this situation.