Splitting a plan due to divorce

Heather061982

I am going thru a divorce. We are still under contract with our family plan. How would I go about getting out of the plan while staying with Verizon and keeping my number?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Splitting a plan due to divorce

Ann154
Power User

You should complete an Assumption of Liability process to transfer the billing responsibility of the lines to the new party.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ann154
Power User

You should complete an Assumption of Liability process to transfer the billing responsibility of the lines to the new party.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Heather061982

The acct is in my husband's name. So how do I do it if he isn't wilLing to help but I have permissions on the acct?

0 Likes

Ann154
Power User

You can't without his permission. If necessary have your lawyer include it as one of the conditions for the divorce.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Heather061982 -

We definitely want to provide you with the best options available. If you're an account manager on the account you can authorize your own name to perform an Assumption of Liability (AOL). An AOL change simply means you'll be transferring your line from the existing account owner to your own name and you'll be financially responsible for the line.
DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Highlighted

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Actually, account managers should have the ability to perform an AOL.

From Verizon's website:

Account Managers are authorized to perform the same transactions as the Account Owner, except the following:

• Add, change, or delete Billing Password.
  • Add, change, or delete other Account Managers.