Re: Splitting The Bill function removed?

Community Manager
Community Manager

kevindra, your feedback means everything to us. I will make sure to forward this to our Marketing Team, as that feature can definitely be convenient to most! We are always looking for ways to satsify all of our customers. Was there anything else we could assist with today? We're eager to hear back from you! MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes

kdjo123

I just wasted 20 minutes of my life on Verizon's online chat customer support. First, upon asking "How can I split my bill?" the auto responder repeatedly gave me faulty instructions to simply "scroll down the billing page until you see "Split the Bill" - and the responder would not recognize my "this does not work" response or the "does not exist" comment.  Then - when I finally got an actual live online chat agent, they spent the entire time telling me they can help me....they would help me....I'm in the right place.....is this what you're asking.....to clarify, you're wanting to know xyz.....I can help you with that - until I finally told them to just tell me where I can find the function.  They continued with extremely ambiguous responses that were not real answers - all the while NOT answering my very pointed question of, "Can you or can you not split the bill?"  It's a yes or no answer. I finally closed the chat session.  What a waste of time and totally frustrating.  

The person who keeps interjecting within these responses that the bill is already split, etc. is completely missing the actual point.  We all know how to read the bill and we know the account owner is ultimately responsible for the bill - but this was/is  a major convenience factor that has been removed with no warning, no explanation, and basically no promise of a remedy or replacement.  Very poor management of customer expectations and sloppy execution since the auto responder and the live chat agents are giving incorrect "help" or no help at all. 

Not the same remotely, as them going on and paying their portion. 

0 Likes

rkrp7

Splitting the bill was a needed option. When our kids started getting jobs and the job offered phone allowence with a copy of the bill, our kids needed their portion of the bill printed. We can't print just their's now. Removing this option was not a good customer service decision. We used it a lot for other reasons as well.

Rodan2000

I would like to request this feature come back as well.  It was very nice to see charges by line.  I read someone thought that the verbiage "Splitting the bill" made the sole owner of the account feel like they were not financially responsible.  If that's the case, just rename it to "charges by line" and reimplement it.  The color coding and how it was laid out was WAY more intuitive and easy to navigate.  The changes that have been made, like removing the splitting the bill option, are terrible.  Please bring it back.  Thanks.

I think you probably have what you want now. The webpage view of the bill appears to have taxes and surcharges split by person.

0 Likes

raygallo

Makes no sense at all.  I thought technology was supposed to simplify our lives?

0 Likes

deloused

The more technology evolves the more complicated it becomes

0 Likes